Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Quick question for those with children already at uni. Do they start back earlier in Years 2&3? I was hoping to book Florida for early September 2021 returning around the 15th, which is a week before Georgia goes for Freshers this year. Do older students go in for Freshers, or start earlier or even the week later after Freshers?
Some do go back earlier, at Chichester I think they went back this week and DD starts on the 23rd. If you go on their website it should have the dates.
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Some do go back earlier, at Chichester I think they went back this week and DD starts on the 23rd. If you go on their website it should have the dates.
Thanks, I have checked and Bristol does seem to be the week after Freshers for this year and next year, but of course I can’t get 2021 date yet.

I would come back in plenty of time to give DD time to pack and move in comfortably but it does give us a little more flexibility
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

DD is off today, I’m absolutely dreading it but I’m going to hold it together until after we leave her! Can’t believe how much I’m going to miss her.

She’s still in bed at the moment, we’re not leaving til about eleven as she doesn’t want to arrive too early as her flat mates won’t be there.

DH and I will shortly be playing the game of trying to fit everything in the car. I wonder how many times things will go in and out before they all fit!

Off to have a coffee now to settle my nerves!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
DD is off today, I’m absolutely dreading it but I’m going to hold it together until after we leave her! Can’t believe how much I’m going to miss her.

She’s still in bed at the moment, we’re not leaving til about eleven as she doesn’t want to arrive too early as her flat mates won’t be there.

DH and I will shortly be playing the game of trying to fit everything in the car. I wonder how many times things will go in and out before they all fit!

Good luck - we are closely behind you and do it all on Saturday. I am dreading the car packing and dropping off.

Hope it all goes well for you all x
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck MM, hope the move goes ok and your DD enjoys her Freshers Week.

Big hugs to you for today, it’s not going to be an easy day for you (or any of us over the next few weeks) but I hope you manage to hold it together xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Good luck, hope it all goes in the car easily xx
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Good luck, hope it all fits in the car and you get her settled in 🤞🏻
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
DS2 goes back for Freshers as he is on the committee for a society and they run the stall at the fair. Before that he went back the week after Freshers
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh dear, my son goes on Saturday so we have just been round to see his Gran and Gramps and Great Nan who is 96 to say goodbye, I was nearly crying when he said goodbye to them and said he will see them at Christmas

I really don’t want to cry on Saturday
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Oh dear, my son goes on Saturday so we have just been round to see his Gran and Gramps and Great Nan who is 96 to say goodbye, I was nearly crying when he said goodbye to them and said he will see them at Christmas

I really don’t want to cry on Saturday
It’s very sad saying goodbye to the other members of the family, especially grandparents. We (sadly) don’t have this as both sets of grandparents have passed away plus we don’t have a very large family. So Georgia hasn’t had to face the family goodbyes.

However we have just returned from our regular hairdressers who have known Georgia since she was little, and they made a big fuss of saying goodbye to her and wishing her well. It was really nice of them but I could tell Georgia was feeling a bit emotional about it