Notices

Old 28 Mar 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

That's great to hear!
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

We have an alert set up so that if an Ohana meal comes up for our very first day - when we have Rainforest Cafe booked - to look at booking it. We missed one the other day that came up at 5.15am which had gone by the time Han had woken up and seen the notification.

Is an Ohana dinner a great start to the holiday or do we stick with our Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs? Our first one has to be outside of a park... Questions, questions, questions...
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Update...

Well they finally know we are going. Although they didn't discover because of some cunning detective work or any slip on our part!

A couple of weeks before the Easter break I was one of the first people to pass a car crash on one of the back roads near our village which I stopped and supported some of the people involved. Unfortunately a number of people didn't survive and I was able to help some who did but saw some pretty bad stuff. I have been fortunate that I have some friends who are trained psychologists who have helped me through. However, I had to have time off work and get my head back on track!

As a result of this I decided that life is too short for secrets and wanted the kids to know so that they can (hopefully) be excited and start to research for themselves.

So, we decided on a Hangman reveal of 5 letters. We had been telling the kids when they asked for a clue that the place we were going had 5 letters, Tampa. Well they struggled after failing with S (Spain), I (Italy) and bizarrely K (Kenya). Once they had A we had a few other failed attempts before M and T were finally followed by P. We had a strange guess of Tampac at one point too, which had us all in hysterics!

Once they saw Tampa, the trail quickly went on to Busch Gardens, Florida, Disney, Universal and Discovery Cove!

Cue endless POV youtube videos for rides as well as looking at menus and restaurants. They are both really excited and they have both been saying thank you loads since finding out, as well as telling us everything they are hoping to do. Josiah has decided on a number of his meals and Eliana has decided on quite a number of rides she wants to do.

We are so pleased that they are happy and they are so excited. At least we don't have to have talk about it in quiet whispers any more! The only secret we have now is the 5 hour Busch Gardens tour which they will love too. 94 days and counting, can't come quick enough!
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Your trip sounds amazing. I look forward to following it.
My daughter (although younger) is the same with Pre ride anxiety- she bolts and will only do the very gentle rides! DAS system worked wonders for her. Although there was still quite a bit of waiting but not half as much as it could have been. We just kept her talking and entertained.
Great idea about two trips to rpr, we were going to do two consecutive nights but this will probably work a lot better. Universal also do a version of das which was another god send.

Such sad news about the accident.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

So sorry you had to witness such an event 😔 as you rightly say, things like that certainly put stuff into perspective and make you realise life is for living. Here's to some great family trip planning!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
So sorry you had to witness such an event 😔 as you rightly say, things like that certainly put stuff into perspective and make you realise life is for living. Here's to some great family trip planning!
Exactly, and they are loving looking at all the stuff about the holiday! Getting lots of thank you hugs!
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Your trip sounds amazing. I look forward to following it.
My daughter (although younger) is the same with Pre ride anxiety- she bolts and will only do the very gentle rides! DAS system worked wonders for her. Although there was still quite a bit of waiting but not half as much as it could have been. We just kept her talking and entertained.
Great idea about two trips to rpr, we were going to do two consecutive nights but this will probably work a lot better. Universal also do a version of das which was another god send.

Such sad news about the accident.
We found two separate nights at RPR was better as it gives you 4 days of FP's instead of 3 and if you drive there yourself it only costs 1 extra day parking, a lot cheaper than buying express passes for a family of four.

With the express passes you get for staying at RPR at Universal we are going to try it without the DAS at first and see how we go.
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loved reading your pre trip report. We are also going for 4 weeks. Although our last 2 weeks will be down on the gulf coast.
Looking forward to your updates!
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Loved reading your pre trip report. We are also going for 4 weeks. Although our last 2 weeks will be down on the gulf coast.
Looking forward to your updates!
It looks like our dates cross over a little, we may see you there.
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Amazing, so glad the children are enjoying the build up! Sorry to hear about the accident, must have been horrendous. Still you are very right, life is too short! x
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List