Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jul 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

We ate at Per Se in 2005 when on our honeymoon. It was amazing and I’d love to go back. At the time it was in the top 10 restaurants in the world and looks like it’s still in the top 100.
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Keens is lovely. As recommended Grammercy tavern is really good. Best food I’ve had in New York and certainly fitting for a big Birthday is Daniel - amazing
Daniel's was the one I wanted, but it is unfortunately closed on Sunday. I had similar trouble on my 40th, which was a Monday and a lot of restaurants were not open.

Gramercy Tavern is going on my list as it looks like it will be open.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I had dinner at the Gramercy Tavern on my 40th birthday last year. DH and I both loved it.

Edit: during the trip we also had breakfast at Tiffany’s! You have to do a bit of planning to snag a reservation as soon as reservations are opened for your date, but it was a special experience. After breakfast we ordered the celebration cake; the leftovers came back to the hotel and were breakfast for the next couple of days as well!
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Firstly Happy Birthday in advance and secondly I agree New York is a brilliant city to celebrate. We have only been once and didn’t do any fine dining on our family trip 😀 But special ideas for me on a birthday celebration would be good tickets for a Broadway show (preferably Hamilton) Something a little different would be a helicopter tour of the city maybe? Definitely a trip to Tiffany’s for a birthday gift too.
Hmm breakfast at Tiffany's, very interesting, I didn't know that was a real thing. Off to investigate, I don't know if I am getting a present though, we sort of stopped doing them.
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
We ate at Per Se in 2005 when on our honeymoon. It was amazing and I’d love to go back. At the time it was in the top 10 restaurants in the world and looks like it’s still in the top 100.
Wow that does look special, nine courses!
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

The River Cafe is expensive but absolutely gorgeous for a special occasion with spectacular views of New York and the Statue of Liberty.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by balel View Post
The River Cafe is expensive but absolutely gorgeous for a special occasion with spectacular views of New York and the Statue of Liberty.
Ah yes, River Cafe, now this I already have booked for my birthday brunch. However if I get Breakfast at Tiffany's I might switch to that. I was therefore thinking about having regular breakfast at River Café the day before - so I looked at the prices, $18 for a glass of fruit juice, $12 for a latte. Yikes!
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for Keens chophouse! Had our 20th anniversary meal there & loved it! Free champagne & everything!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Blue Fin in TS.
The only NY restaurant we've returned to repeatedly purely for the food.
Menu online, can be popular, book before flying maybe.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Ah yes, River Cafe, now this I already have booked for my birthday brunch. However if I get Breakfast at Tiffany's I might switch to that. I was therefore thinking about having regular breakfast at River Café the day before - so I looked at the prices, $18 for a glass of fruit juice, $12 for a latte. Yikes!
So many choices, it all sounds wonderful!
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Hmm breakfast at Tiffany's, very interesting, I didn't know that was a real thing. Off to investigate, I don't know if I am getting a present though, we sort of stopped doing them.
We had to do it because when DH (then my boyfriend) took me to NYC for my 21st, he suggested having breakfast at Tiffany’s having never seen the film and was gutted to find out there wasn’t actually a restaurant. It became our running joke. So better late than never when my 40th came around!

I’ve uploaded a few pics from our breakfast. We also had fizz alongside it and I think the flavour of the celebration cake changes regularly.

I also obviously have pics of our Gramercy Tavern meal if of interest! DH also liked it as he didn’t have to wear a suit.

Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List