Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jul 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Mobile Help with trying to squeeze Disney into a non Disney holiday

Hi
Ive booked 13 nights next August (23rd) and its meant to be a non
Disney holiday due to prices of tickets.
But kids really want to do buzz and toy story land.
So my first thought was mnsshp and maybe 2 nights stay to do Hollywood studios on the other day but Ive no idea if that works out cheaper to buy mnsshp tickets and a day ticket.
How would you squeeze in doing these parks. Were staying at cabana bay.
Thanks Angie
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I looked at squeezing but to be honest it seemed such poor value that we didn't bother and just treated visiting IDrive parks and BG as a seperate destination and Disney was just "somewhere else " . We had an amazing time and didn't miss it but I do think if we had added a "taste" of Disney we might have wanted more so felt short changed. Bit like having an ice cream sundae put in front of you but then told you can only have one spoonful and it'll be taken away
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We are staying at cabana bay this year, in August, and having a non disney holiday, we are doing mnsshp on 27th august, we will visit disney springs too, at xmas when we went, we had a two night stay at all star movies, but no disney tickets, we loved it, we toured the resorts, using the disney busses, boats and monorail, we went to the poly and sat on the beach at night and watched the fireworks, it was amazing, you can tour the resorts without staying at disney, i am so glad we didnt have disney tickets, as we wouldnt of taken our time to look at all the beautiful hotels
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Have only been to WDW 3 times 2012, 2015 and 2017 and just love going to MK,AK,EPC and Blizzard Beach always on a 14 or 17 night trip. I suppose I havnt been going to WDW as long as so many of you dibbers, so not sure if I could do Orlando without the parks, guess I'm still at WDW newbie! As we have to go in August (a teacher in our family) they have decided its too hot and humid, altho we have a villa each time. Together with the constant increase in ticket prices now at 430. Yes I know things go up all the time. Would be really nice especially for us Brits with 99.9% of us with a 14 day ticket and I expect there is an equal amount of us not a Dining plan so we are buying food drinks and snacks more $$'s in Disney's till and going by the various food reports the food is just not worth the money and better to leave the park eat outside and come back in later. Include parking with our tickets ?
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I'm doing MNSSHP, not a cost issue but time, works out at 62 for 4pm to midnight so seems reasonable and I can book fast passes between 4 and 7pm
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

We are doing MNSSHP and that will be enough for us but I did look into the after hours for the studios but for some reason it only goes up to July whilst the other two parks go past July but you could wait and see if its available next year in August.