Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Masai
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Please tell me it’s not just my kids !

We have been to Florida a few times but always in October. This is the first time we have been in the summer holidays ! My kids are really moany, don’t seem to be enjoying the parks and want to go back to the hotel pool all the time ( even when we’ve only just arrived at the park and have only just left the pool ) ... is this normal ! Maybe I’m expecting too much and an October Disney is different to a July Disney ? What do others think ? 🥴
Masai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s the main reason we won’t go in July I’m afraid , it’s too hot for parks . October is perfect for both .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
How old are your kids? We’ve been a few times in the summer holidays with our two and have had good days and bad days, we’ve taken the boys when they were between the ages of 9 & 13.
I’ve learnt we need to get up really early to do the parks, leave by 1pm the absolute latest and then my go back again until they’ve had a good swim and cool down.
We tend not to do late nights during the summer as we are all knackered with the early starts, but it’s a strategy that works for us. Also we’ve been known to change plans last minute if it’s all going wrong.
Lastly, I have also had moments when I’ve had to remind my two that we’ve paid an awful lot of money to be here and it’s not just their holiday, but mine too so we all have to compromise at times. That usually puts them in their place!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Oh my goodness we have just returned and have swore to never return again. Our kids were a total nightmare. Fighting every ten mins, complaining, just wanting to stay in their rooms at the villa. It was a hard holiday. So please believe me it's not just your kids. On the flight home I met a guy from Orlando he was on his way to New York with his three kids and he said his were exactly the same. X

Edited at 07:10 PM.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

They could be growing out of Disney and prefer chilling by the pool with their phones.

My girls like to do pool, shopping and then parks in the evening
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Masai
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

They are 9 and 6 ... I just didn’t expect it to be sooooo different to an October holiday but the reality is that it is and we have find our own strategy ! We are doing a water park tomorrow ! Hopefully we will get some smiles ! 🤔🙄🥴
Masai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

There is a reason for the saying that 'Grandchildren are your reward for not having killed your own children'. Unfortunately this is perfectly normal peak-summer behaviour. Is there any chance they need to drink more?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
Mobile

I think it’s the fact they have previously visited at a cooler time. We have always done July with the exception of one Easter visit so my kids don’t think anything of it. Arrive early when it’s not so hot, drink often and small snacks in queues etc for energy levels and utilise the inside air con options later in the day when it’s more unbearable. Evenings at the Park are maybe a better option too with chilling at the pool during the day. We got back on Fri with our 5 kids and our favourite days were our evenings at Universal.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

we always only do parks until around 1 or 2 then go back to the villa ,I wouldn't want to spend all day at the parks and neither would my lot. We always stayed longer at water parks though so hope you have better luck tomorrow.
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Sounds like how I felt in August! Just got over hot and bothered very quickly! (And well my sister did too) just gotta find your own way of coping, we went back to the hotel about lunch time to cool off and have a little rest whilst we were onsite, then offsite we did chill in the day (shopped ect.) then went to Disney parks in the evening, just generally taking it easy and listening to our over hot tired body’s (also airconned sitdown attractions are a god send! Loved a bit of people mover too!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List