Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 May 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Essential
Earning My Ears

Am I stupid?

Although I've been to Disney before I just can't get my head around something.

We have bought our tickets for the parks and have them in hand.

I can book Fastpasses 30 days in advance but my question is this. How do they know what date we plan to use the tickets? How do they know when to allow me to book Fastpasses?
Essential is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All they know is to allow you to book them 30 days in advance, so you could book FPs today for the end of June. If you don’t go until September then they won’t be much good to you 😉😊
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

And no, you’re not stupid - I wondered the same thing when this type of FP came out 😉
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Essential
Earning My Ears

The penny has just dropped.

Today I can book FPs all the way up to the 29th June but they are no use to me because we don't arrive until July.

I don't know whether I was having a blonde or senior moment or both but I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

Thank you JoJo
Essential is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Essential View Post
The penny has just dropped.

Today I can book FPs all the way up to the 29th June but they are no use to me because we don't arrive until July.

I don't know whether I was having a blonde or senior moment or both but I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

Thank you JoJo
😂😂 I was exactly the same 😂😂
Old 29 May 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

What stops people ordering them for the next 30 days? Do they cancel the fastpass for the day if you don't use them?
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
What stops people ordering them for the next 30 days? Do they cancel the fastpass for the day if you don't use them?
You can’t book 30 days worth of FPP. If you’re staying off site you can book them exactly 30 days ahead so have to go into the app and book them each time you’re 30 days out I think.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...calculator.php

Edited at 07:35 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
paul,sal&boys
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Were in our 30 day window atm and staying offsite with magic bands bought via disney. All been simple as tickets linked via code on Disney app. Plan what parks you are visiting each day then as you get to 30 days before each park day, book FP for that day via app. Really easy (tho not for FOP or TOT!) app only opens FP booking for dates when you are at or within 30 day before. Also the day ‘opens’ at 12 noon our time as working from US time, so set your alarm reminders
Old 30 May 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
You can’t book 30 days worth of FPP. If you’re staying off site you can book them exactly 30 days ahead so have to go into the app and book them each time you’re 30 days out I think.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fas...calculator.php
But what I mean is, what stops people who have tickets and plan on going in 2020 from booking fastpasses for every day this year and thereby taking away from those who are actually going to the parks?
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
But what I mean is, what stops people who have tickets and plan on going in 2020 from booking fastpasses for every day this year and thereby taking away from those who are actually going to the parks?
It does take a bit to get your head round but basically your tickets are linked to MDE so if you have 2 day ticket you can only book 2 days fastpasses, if you have a 14 day ticket you can book 14 days etc but just one day at a time once your fastpass window opens. 30 days before date for offsite guests and 60 days before date for onsite.

The DIBB guidebook has an excellent guide to Fastpasses which explains it much better than me but for some reason my tablet won't copy the link. If you click on DIBB guidebook, then guidebook index there is a great section on FastPass + FAQ amongst others.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List