Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jul 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Gran Destino Tower - pool?

We're looking at this hotel for part of our stay next year. I've seen a few of the youtube videos and it looks gorgeous. However, I have seen no mention of a pool. Does anyone know if it has its own pool? If it has, can anyone direct me to a review where it shows the pool?
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

It doesn't have it own pool, you have to use the awesome resort pool:

In addition, there are also a few smaller pools around the resort.

Edited at 07:29 AM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Wow, I'm amazed... all those extra guests using the existing pools! The main pool does look quite big though.
Thanks
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

THE Nearest pool is in the Cabanas area of CSR. Its a quite pool.

Its a short stroll from the back of the Hotel turn right.

The themed pool mentioned above is accessed over the water by bridge/path. Wee bit longer walk, but much more going on including restaurant and drinks.

Disney332
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Wow, I'm amazed... all those extra guests using the existing pools! The main pool does look quite big though.
Thanks
During the development stage, Disney gauged the number of existing guests using the pool, and if there was capacity for the additional rooms.

Time will tell of course.

Disney332
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
The majority of guests that will be using the Tower are convention guests that will be in meetings all day and not using the pool! There is also 4 pools at Coronado!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 08:19 AM.
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Thanks
Not everybody uses a pool, I have yet to go to a Disney resort pool. We are at CSR next year so that will be at least two guests not using the pool.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When we last stayed at CSR the pools were always pretty quiet, especially the small pools, we were quite often the only ones using it.
Ritz is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Thanks for your input everyone. I've never stayed at a moderate before, the pools at the other hotels I've stayed at have always been busy so I was a bit surprised at no pool here. I assume they know what they're doing.
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

When the bridges opened we were speaking to a cast member he said the original plans had a swimming pool but they decided that they had enough pools for all the guess. He was talking to us for about 20 minutes as we were sitting on the benches along the bridge and he said we were the 1st guess he had seen sitting on them from the new bar and restaurant, he so came over for a talk it was interesting as he was telling us building of tower.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List