Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Does anyone have friends that just don't 'get' Disney?

So, does anyone have friends or people in your life that just do NOT GET it!?

I feel as if I am forever having to justify myself when I am planning a WDW holiday.

I am forever being told "what a waste of money"... "its for babies"... "can't believe you're going there on your own like a loser" (said jokingly)...

... Dont get me wrong, these are flippant comments and are not to offend me in any way. But I find myself getting wound up at it!

I am fully intending on taking a days A/L from work so I can stay in and do my FP when the day comes soon! Because at the end of the day, this is my holiday and yes I am spending a large amount of it, so I want to make sure I have everything planned down to the last minute - and I really enjoy planning.

Half the time I think these flippant comments are jealousy.

Hope this doesn't come off as a rant/negative, but I'm hoping some people out there do understand where I'm coming from
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Who cares what they think.. you do you and be happy!

However I agree that it's a case of jealousy..
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazro
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Yes, I have lots of people at work who rant at me as to how it is their idea of a holiday from hell. I’ve just learnt to either ignore them, or to be honest I don’t fully explain my holidays to them! I just don’t get sucked ins whereas when I’m at home my husband listens to all my details over and over and I head to forums like this to get my fix of chat with people who get it!

Don’t let them get you down.
Cazro is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love Disney but starting to agree that’s it becoming a waste of money for families in school holidays😕

£2k for tickets and parking (family of 4) to enter a theme park for 14 nights ain’t good value

Edited at 05:42 PM.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I love Disney but starting to agree that’s it becoming a waste of money for families in school holidays😕
Your money will never be wasted if/when you see your kids faces at Disney World, in my opinion.
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

So most people in my life do not understand why I like Disney so much! I usually get comments along the lines of "but you've been there before, why go there again" and "you mean you're flying halfway around the world just to go to Disney?"... And as I tend to solo trip Disney most of the time, people then start asking me whether Disney is really fun alone!

Recently I've started saying that well, some people go on holidays to the beach, some people go skiing, some people go diving - and I go on Disney holidays!
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes. Some of our friends would never go to Disney, it would be their idea of hell tbh.
They travel the world, and would never go on holiday to a theme park. Nothing to do with jealousy - they could afford it easily if they wanted to go.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have friends who don’t get Florida, saying things like I couldn’t only do parks all the time. There is so much more than parks, I’ve given up explaining so leave them thinking yes it’s only parks, Florida is one big theme park!
Old 12 Jul 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Three years ago over in Paris following my wee team in the Euros, did I take in the sights of the city on a non footie day? No, I headed out to Disney -)
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

In real life, I don’t think anybody I know would understand why we go back to Disney. They are definitely, definitely not jealous.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List