Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 23 Nov 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Fabulous day! We didn't have the flight tasting on the tour we did at the distillery but I think we'll be doing that one if I go with my husband!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Lovely day, you packed loads in! Food looks lovely as always!
This was a great day, we loved it. Dinner was amazing

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It does seem like it was a good idea to rearrange the itinerary. The tour of the Jack Daniels distillery sounds really interesting. You must have been worn out by now though, I wonder if/when you are going to have a 'rest day'!
Definitely a good swop , we hadn't expected it to take up so much of the day. Lol, no rest days yet. We didn't feel so bad ... Even tho we were awake early most days we didn't need to get up and weren't rushing for breakfast and we had a couple of hours chilling time every afternoon so we were much less knackered than we expected. We were quite lazy in New Orleans and Florida though

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Another brilliant day
Thanks, yes, it was

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
JD distillery looks really good!

Your meal at Skulls looked lovely!

Aww shame you didn’t give Broadway a go! You’d have had so much fun! Xx
Skulls was ace, we did enjoy it there and the Distillery is interesting.
We just didn't feel the love for Broadway at all

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I see what you did there

I like the picture of both of you on the big chair, Andy looks like your ventriloquist's dummy!

The tour looks great. Both my kids have the initials "JD". Another place to add to my "copy Amanda's holiday one day" plan.
Lol, laughs at own jokes
The Big chair is fun. Andy looked tiny on it.

It's all really well set out round the distillery, it's a great day out, definitely recommend it.

In hindsight , as we didn't really like Nashville, I would have carried on from here to Chattanooga via Ruby Falls rather than going back to Nashville.

Oh well, that's one for a " next trip" list
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another interesting day! Your food looks fab too!

I hope you managed to sort out the charge on your card - that would have bugged the heck out of me
It was a fab day all round.

Grrr , it took us an age to sort out the charge. The hotel were absolutely useless. We became more incensed by their attitude than the missing money in the end. Some of the poorest customer service I have ever come across

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Another busy day and Skulls sounds great. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Lynchburg - we have a 'giant chair' picture too!
We had a fun day , it's a quirky place !

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Sounds like a really interesting day, did they not offer a bit of coke or lemonade to try the jd with
That prime rib looks immense, I might go for that tonight
There was a big pitcher of Dixie lemonade near the gift shop... It was delicious ! But only water in the tasting room. The single barrel JD was far too strong for me

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Fabulous day! We didn't have the flight tasting on the tour we did at the distillery but I think we'll be doing that one if I go with my husband!
Definitely ... It's good fun Even just to observe facial expressions ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

It seems like it was a good idea to rearrange so you could have a more relaxed trip today. The JD tour looks interesting. There are loads of distillieries where I live, the format looks the same as their tours, but much cooler being JD!

The food at skulls looks good, that steak is some size!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ooh great day! I'm not a JD fan either but very interesting looking around the distillery.
That beef en croute looks so good *drool*! This report shouldn't be read when you're on a diet

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
It seems like it was a good idea to rearrange so you could have a more relaxed trip today. The JD tour looks interesting. There are loads of distillieries where I live, the format looks the same as their tours, but much cooler being JD!

The food at skulls looks good, that steak is some size!
We did a tour (Tullibardine?) a few years ago in Edinburgh and enjoyed it which inspired us to do this one. We had a great day, really interesting.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh great day! I'm not a JD fan either but very interesting looking around the distillery.
That beef en croute looks so good *drool*! This report shouldn't be read when you're on a diet
Another amazing meal, so rich though !
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
The JD distillery tour would have been wasted on me - my face would have been like yours!

Dinner looks delicious again. You have obviously researched well for this trip!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a pain about the hotel charge, it would drive me mental-not what you need on holiday! Sounds like a great day at JD and your meal looks great again.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
The JD distillery tour would have been wasted on me - my face would have been like yours!

Dinner looks delicious again. You have obviously researched well for this trip!
I have since acquired a taste for the Tennessee Fire cinnamon one I have to say ! Yes, the hours on tripadvisor and various other foodie websites definitely paid off - we had some amazing food.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
What a pain about the hotel charge, it would drive me mental-not what you need on holiday! Sounds like a great day at JD and your meal looks great again.
We could accept that a mistake had been made but the lack of interest in helping us was so disappointing and to be $300 out of pocket on holiday through no fault of your own just isn't ok !