Old 21 May 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Your report has made me think of how much the terrible cold weather affected our time in D.C. a couple of years ago. It really did limit what we got done, which I think happened to you, too. Ah, well - a reason to go back!

And I love a story that ends with virtue rewarded.

What kind of miserable so-and-so wouldn't agree to move for a disabled infant?

I hope you gave him a little wave from your new roomy digs!

...that is one of the hard things about kids getting older/bigger - they take up more room on the plane...I can remember when Poot could curl up like a wee snail on his airplane seat - but those days are gone, my friend.

If you go back...we really liked Norwegian for the Boston flight. It landed around 10PM (GMT) - so it was straight 'round the M25 and then to bed. I'd never taken a day flight back from America before - but I had ZERO jet lag after that trip. Whether that was the schedule, the Dreamliner - or a combination of both - I don't know. But it was brilliant.
To say I was naive as to how debilitating the cold would is a massive understatement!

Did we love Boston? Yes! Would I go again in the winter? No!

It was a great holiday, but it made clear to me that we can cope much better with the heat than we can with the cold while sightseeing.

Gone are the days when the kids could snuggle down and as you say curl up like a snail on the seat, now they are both gangly and all elbows and knees. Apparently I'm the most comfy, something about extra cushioning, and they much prefer me to sit in the middle of them both on a flight home so they can doze on my shoulder.

The day flight is something I try to avoid at all costs as I like to get the extra day out of the holiday so as to make it last as long as possible, but I can imagine it did wonders for the jet lag or lack thereof. Just watch a few movies on the flight, no crabby kids or other passengers to deal with, quick drive home and off to bed at the normal time no forcing yourself to stay awake. Hmm, I'm getting tempted just writing about it!

Although, having read Caz's return travel day I am definitely going to make sure I've got crumpets as I reckon they could cure all manner of ills!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
To say I was naive as to how debilitating the cold would is a massive understatement!

Did we love Boston? Yes! Would I go again in the winter? No!

It was a great holiday, but it made clear to me that we can cope much better with the heat than we can with the cold while sightseeing.

Gone are the days when the kids could snuggle down and as you say curl up like a snail on the seat, now they are both gangly and all elbows and knees. Apparently I'm the most comfy, something about extra cushioning, and they much prefer me to sit in the middle of them both on a flight home so they can doze on my shoulder.

The day flight is something I try to avoid at all costs as I like to get the extra day out of the holiday so as to make it last as long as possible, but I can imagine it did wonders for the jet lag or lack thereof. Just watch a few movies on the flight, no crabby kids or other passengers to deal with, quick drive home and off to bed at the normal time no forcing yourself to stay awake. Hmm, I'm getting tempted just writing about it!

Although, having read Caz's return travel day I am definitely going to make sure I've got crumpets as I reckon they could cure all manner of ills!
Lol, because I am a "glass half empty" sort I can never really enjoy departure day anyway...it always feels like a Sunday night before a particularly daunting Monday at work.

So for me the day flight was a revelation.

And "extra cushioning", my Aunt Fannie! I've MET YOU IN PERSON!

Thanks for your hard work here. Now I'm off to finish Mel's Montreal TR and Jessica's cruise report - oh, and Colette's FR. I'm very behind...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Lol, because I am a "glass half empty" sort I can never really enjoy departure day anyway...it always feels like a Sunday night before a particularly daunting Monday at work.

So for me the day flight was a revelation.

And "extra cushioning", my Aunt Fannie! I've MET YOU IN PERSON!

Thanks for your hard work here. Now I'm off to finish Mel's Montreal TR and Jessica's cruise report - oh, and Colette's FR. I'm very behind...
Mel saw some brilliant statues in Montreal and also there were some rather nifty underground walkways for keeping warm...there was a bit of French learning too! It was a really interesting report, I'm sure you will find it fascinating, I did and I've never been there!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List