Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 16 Jun 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Amazon Grocer vs Instacart vs Personal Shopper?

For those who have stayed on site, have you used any of the above? If so, how easy was it? Any problems? Anyone used more than one service and are able to compare? I’m trying to figure out if the shopper fee is worth it for us. We are staying at AKL in November (two of us) and we are on DDP. No car rental.

We definitely want a case of water. We drink a lot of water anyway and we are aware we will likely drink more there. We probably want some things like breakfast foods for the days we need to grab and go for rope drop, and cheap wine for the nights we will be relaxing at the resort.

Can I confirm for those who have used the personal shopper services, is it the one fee for the grocery and holding any parcels? If so, then that’s tempting.

What’s the variety of foods like with Amazon Grocer and Instacart? Can you also get medicines from them? Travel sickness pills and basic painkillers. What about Crest whitening strips?

Finally, does AKL shop sell cases of water? And if so how much are they (for a comparison)?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Theres quite a large thread on Instacart under the DVC section.
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We got an Uber to super target after a day at animal kingdom one year and plan to do the same this year. The price wasn’t bad and we love looking around the shop ourselves not sure if you’ve considered that!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
We got an Uber to super target after a day at animal kingdom one year and plan to do the same this year. The price wasn’t bad and we love looking around the shop ourselves not sure if you’ve considered that!
Thank you! How much was the Uber?
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I used angelbabe's personal shopper service for parcel holding & groceries and it was one fee to deliver everything.
There is a small charge on the groceries to cover costs but its still far cheaper than paying onsite prices. For us it was ideal I shopped the sales before I went than ordered a few groceries mostly things I knew I could not get onsite but needed without being tied to doing a large shop. I will be using the service again for our next trip

can not comment on the other options as never used them
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I've used Garden Grocer and couldn't fault and wouldn't hesitate to use again ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Garden Grocer is good, used to use it, but it is ridiculously priced compared to Instacart which essentially offers the same service- I arrive, and my shop is delivered- they even both shopped at Publix. So I stopped using Garden Grocer.
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I'm going to use instacart. I looked at it about a month ago and they are always sending me money off my first shop! A while to go yet though haha. I also mainly want water.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Used fairytale personal shopper last year and using her this year and will be using her next year find they are great
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
slicer
Very Serious Dibber

slicer's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi
We used Fairytale Shopper last year - excellent service.
We plan to do this again for our family trip in August, when we are staying at POFQ.
Wondered if anyone has stayed at French Quarter recently, and knows if Disney are charging a fee for receiving the packages?
We were not charged last year at Riverside.
Thanks in advance.

Sue