Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 12, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Eeeek... we've just booked! A few quick questions?

So we're off to OKW in October and my DH springs on me that he wants to go to DLP for the 20th Anniversary! This will be our First trip to DLP so I've been frantically looking on DIBB since my DG sprang this on me Thursday night!

I've managed to find reasonable flights from BHX into CDG (15/9-18/9) and we're booked into the Hotel Cheyenne for 2 nights (from 16/9).

So here are the questions: We fly in on the Saturday afternoon as I wanted to maximise our time in the park and I was looking for a cheap hotel where we could spend Saturday night - I looked at the Etap in Val D'Europe - is this my best bet at £58 or can someone recommend anywhere better?

Also, if we are getting the TGV from CDG can I get this straight through to Val D'europe, or do I need to change and get a different train once we arrive at DLP?

I know that we really need to book TGV early to get best price but if anyone can give me an idea on ballpark figure for a september ticket (are the prices seasonal? ) it would be appreciated as I can't see any inidication on the site.

I love the DIBB for our WDW planning, hope I can get the same info re DLP?!

Thanks in advance.
Old 6 Apr 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure someone else will be along to help soon, we've never used the TGV but there are plenty on here that do.
My only comment is that £58 seems an awful lot for the Etap for one night? We are paying less than that for 4 + baby in June. When I search they are coming up from £33 to £38 but I can't find the Etap at Val D'Europe, but that is probably just me not looking properly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 12, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Hey Disney Mum

I thought £58 was a lot for Etap - last one we stayed in we only paid £18, but I wasn't sure if this was the norm for the area?

I don't really want to be too far away from DLP so have been looking at Ibis - which is only £59 and next door to Etap (!) so I'm thinking we may go with this.

thanks for the comments tho - appreciated
Old 6 Apr 12, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed at the Ibis next door to the Etap and is fine for a one night stay - clean and comfortable, just basic! I think we paid about £50-£60?

re the TGV - I think you have to go to Marne La Vallee then back one stop on the RER to Val D Europe- only takes two mins though. At least that seems to be the case on the TGV from Lille which goes via CDG, but someone else may know otherwise!
Old 7 Apr 12, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
thanks Piglet100

Decided on the Ibis as was only £1 more? And even if it's not then won't let it spoil it cos ''We're off to Disneyland the next morning! ''
Old 7 Apr 12, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

we went to euro disney in nov 2010, i would say get your money back, its not a patch on disneyland in florida
Old 7 Apr 12, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twinkly-tink View Post
So we're off to OKW in October and my DH springs on me that he wants to go to DLP for the 20th Anniversary! This will be our First trip to DLP so I've been frantically looking on DIBB since my DG sprang this on me Thursday night!

I've managed to find reasonable flights from BHX into CDG (15/9-18/9) and we're booked into the Hotel Cheyenne for 2 nights (from 16/9).

So here are the questions: We fly in on the Saturday afternoon as I wanted to maximise our time in the park and I was looking for a cheap hotel where we could spend Saturday night - I looked at the Etap in Val D'Europe - is this my best bet at £58 or can someone recommend anywhere better?

Also, if we are getting the TGV from CDG can I get this straight through to Val D'europe, or do I need to change and get a different train once we arrive at DLP?

I know that we really need to book TGV early to get best price but if anyone can give me an idea on ballpark figure for a september ticket (are the prices seasonal? ) it would be appreciated as I can't see any inidication on the site.

I love the DIBB for our WDW planning, hope I can get the same info re DLP?!

Thanks in advance.
The Ibis and Etap hotels are part of the Accor group, for the 15th September the Etap is £51 for the night -

accorhotels/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml

you also have the Residhome Prestige in the same location as the Ibis and Etap (they are right next to the rear entrance of the train station at Val d'europe, and I think thats why the Etap and Ibis there are more expensive than others in the area, because they are by far the most convenient for travelling back and forth to DLP).

You get off the TGV at Marne la Vallee (DLP station) then catch the RER from the same train station (but different platforms) out to val d'europe for your hotel there.

the TGV ticket prices don't change much month to month - so you could look now for a Saturday afternoon price on the TGV from CDG to DLP for a date in say mid-June. The price should be the same in mid-September.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickeymouse 09 View Post
we went to euro disney in nov 2010, i would say get your money back, its not a patch on disneyland in florida
sorry but I don't think that is a very helpful comment, we have done WDW and DLP several times and like them both, we know there are people who don't like DLP but plenty of us love it. It is different to WDW and in some ways better in our opinion, just smaller, but there is a lot of stuff worth seeing especially for the 20th Anniversary. So if someone has decided they want to go suggesting they get a refund just seems unnecessarily negative to me.
Old 7 Apr 12, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Here, here, Disney Mum, I absolutely agree. I've been to WDW and LOVED it but it is far more affordable for me to get to DLP and we love it just as much. You love it for what it is and I kind of like that it is smaller, you feel you can get round easier.

With regards to the TGV. I get a transfer from the airport with prestige which is 60 euros and get the TGV back from Disney on the last day by taking our luggage with us and leaving it in left luggage at the train station.

The reason I get the transfer going is that for 2 of us, the price isn't a great deal more, I don't have to faff getting to the train station, worrying that I'll miss my train if the flight is delayed & have a ticket for the next train. Plus I don't then have to get off at Marne la Vallee, then get back on the RER for one stop. That is my preference though, and just throwing an alternative out!
sasprilla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 12, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickeymouse 09 View Post
Disneyland in Florida? I've been to Walt Disney World in Florida but thought Disneyland was in California? We've already been to florida and the trip in October will be our 5th, so we know what Florida is all about. We know DLP will be different and are not expecting it to be the same, we're off to see the 20th Anniversary Celebrations and I don't find your repsonse helpful in the slightest.

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
sorry but I don't think that is a very helpful comment, we have done WDW and DLP several times and like them both, we know there are people who don't like DLP but plenty of us love it. It is different to WDW and in some ways better in our opinion, just smaller, but there is a lot of stuff worth seeing especially for the 20th Anniversary. So if someone has decided they want to go suggesting they get a refund just seems unnecessarily negative to me.
Thanks Disney Mum, appreciate your response and whole heartedly agree with you. We're prepared to give it a go to see what it's all about, and if we like it then even better that it's so much closer than Florida

Originally Posted by sasprilla View Post
Here, here, Disney Mum, I absolutely agree. I've been to WDW and LOVED it but it is far more affordable for me to get to DLP and we love it just as much. You love it for what it is and I kind of like that it is smaller, you feel you can get round easier.

With regards to the TGV. I get a transfer from the airport with prestige which is 60 euros and get the TGV back from Disney on the last day by taking our luggage with us and leaving it in left luggage at the train station.

The reason I get the transfer going is that for 2 of us, the price isn't a great deal more, I don't have to faff getting to the train station, worrying that I'll miss my train if the flight is delayed & have a ticket for the next train. Plus I don't then have to get off at Marne la Vallee, then get back on the RER for one stop. That is my preference though, and just throwing an alternative out!
Thanks for the TGV info Sasprilla - I'll have a look into transfers - can you recommend anyone? The TGV seemed the most straightforward from CDG - beginning to wonder now?!

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
The Ibis and Etap hotels are part of the Accor group, for the 15th September the Etap is £51 for the night -

accorhotels/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml

you also have the Residhome Prestige in the same location as the Ibis and Etap (they are right next to the rear entrance of the train station at Val d'europe, and I think thats why the Etap and Ibis there are more expensive than others in the area, because they are by far the most convenient for travelling back and forth to DLP).

You get off the TGV at Marne la Vallee (DLP station) then catch the RER from the same train station (but different platforms) out to val d'europe for your hotel there.

the TGV ticket prices don't change much month to month - so you could look now for a Saturday afternoon price on the TGV from CDG to DLP for a date in say mid-June. The price should be the same in mid-September.
Thanks Sammy Kitten - I've booked Ibis now, one of the reasons was it was referred to in another post on this board and directions to that and the Etap seemed really straightforward!

I'll have a look at TGV prices and hope I can make sense of them

Edited at 08:42 PM.
twinkly-tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread