Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I have moved Disney to May 2021 which we have flights booked for and we have a hotel bookings for the Oct 2020 for a Universal / Sea World / Bush Gardens holiday - waiting on a refund from Norwegian for the May flights which I will need if we are to go in Oct 2020.

Wearing face masks on the plane, in the parks, trying to distance in the parks, being served with people wearing hazmax suits...

Not sure its going to be fun at all.

Thinking of giving up hope on October because even if we can go I don't think it will be fun... but kind of committed to 2021 because of the flights I doubt I will get a refund on. Better pray we have vaccine as I just don't want to go in the current climate.

Glass very empty here sorry. Feel pretty down as I kind of live for my holidays
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sandslash View Post
Perhaps one way of looking at it is that if Disney reopens at a reduced capacity for a period of time, it could be an even better experience?

They are brill at organisation and technology, look at the wonder that is the Magic Band/FP+, they know what they're doing. It could be that the next time we go it's even better than before .

Furthermore, if they operate at a reduced capacity (which i'm only mentioning as I read something about Universal looking at it), then it won't be forever!
This is what I keep saying - Disney are very protective of their image and reputation, I don't think they would just open the parks and provide a half-experience. It may be a different experience to what we're used to, but I'm sure it will be as magical as possible.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Rebooked today for October 2021 after moving this years back a year, are people really saying that a state that relies so heavily on tourism won’t do all it can to be open again next year?, people honestly believe that? Even the U.K. relies upon a certain amount of tourism for its economy.

Demand will most certainly still be there imo and confidence is rising on treatments and vaccines by the day
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
Rebooked today for October 2021 after moving this years back a year, are people really saying that a state that relies so heavily on tourism won’t do all it can to be open again next year?, people honestly believe that? Even the U.K. relies upon a certain amount of tourism for its economy.

Demand will most certainly still be there imo and confidence is rising on treatments and vaccines by the day
I think they’ll do all they can to be open this year however until there’s a vaccine I don’t think I want to go. The list of measures that have been reported will take a huge amount of the enjoyment away for me. I go to WDW to escape the real world. With all the masks, hand gel and distancing there’s no way to avoid Covid so until there’s a vaccine and we can start going back to the way things were I just don’t think it’s going to be a holiday for me.

All that said, I am confident for September 2021.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post

We decided last night that we are going to leave it this year and next year (if we were to go next year it would be April and I think this is too soon for anything resembling normality to have returned). We probably won’t go again until 2023 as we were thinking of something else in 2022.

The likely restrictions will I think take too much away for us to still want to go, particularly as we are onsite without a car so don’t go anywhere else.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think they’ll do all they can to be open this year however until there’s a vaccine I don’t think I want to go. The list of measures that have been reported will take a huge amount of the enjoyment away for me. I go to WDW to escape the real world. With all the masks, hand gel and distancing there’s no way to avoid Covid so until there’s a vaccine and we can start going back to the way things were I just don’t think it’s going to be a holiday for me.

All that said, I am confident for September 2021.
Spot on, honestly don’t even think it will take a vaccine, as soon as they find an effective treatment that makes the virus much less deadly then I think that will literally be a game changer
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I'd book for Sept 2021, but the problem is who knows what's happening with regards to my job, and then heaven forbid, my house.

So the plan so far is to hang onto what savings we have in case we need it. If all is well in six months time, then I'll look to possibly booking a holiday.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
infamousmax
Earning My Ears

We were meant to be getting married this year and had a 3-week Orlando honeymoon planned.

We have moved the wedding to next year, but we still plan on going to Orlando as long as we can still do parks etc and the restrictions aren't too insane.

we are also booking a new 3-week Orlando honeymoon next year too

If this Pandemic proves anything, it's that life is short. and we can't trust greedy leaders/corps to keep us safe. Live your life now before the next one hits.
infamousmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
suzysmile
Earning My Ears

We have a booking for 8 July for two weeks at POR with park tickets for Universal and DCove. But we can't really go next year as we have already invited the extended family of ten to a holiday all expenses paid by us in 2021. As much as I'd love to take them all to Disney - that's slightly above our budget And that is if the prices don't go sky high! We might have to do what we did last time we took them away and go to Centre Parcs an hour away from home! So we won't be able to reschedule our holiday for next year so may lose our park tickets and VA flights.
suzysmile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post

Who did you book with for next year please?
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List