Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
This is it almost done. I don’t have a finished picture of it.
That’s amazing, your knitting is so neat. I could never have the patience to make something that size, well done.

When I was having my first child, I started to make a first size cardigan for him. It took me the whole pregnancy to knit and then my mum finished it off, made it wearable and sewed it together as I would never have finished it in time 😂 I’ve never knitted anything since then 😂

I hope you have a good day today. Do you have any plans? We have been in lockdown here in Wales for weeks, so today is the first day I’m going outside my immediate area. I’m only going a few miles away to a larger supermarket but it feels good to be able to travel a little further away. Hope you manage to get a bit of your assignments completed and you feel a little better x
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Thanks, I used to love knitting, don’t have the patience or the motivation now.

Well, I phoned the psychiatrists secretary and she said I’ve got an appointment next Tuesday, so at least that is something.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thats excellent news about the appointment.

Have to say I am in total envy regarding the knitting ! My mum used to knit all our stuff as kids & older. I had some fab jumpers in wool like cashmere (sorry I know it probably has a name but not being a knitter I dont know it) I used to think knitting was just tapping the two needles together when I was a kid and I would watch mum, who would be watching TV at the same time and it seemed that that was all she did and the work just sort of got longer ! Sounds daft saying that now.
I do counted cross stitch, which take all your concentration to do & I do crochet but not for a long time. I have crocheted a dress before now, not for me but for a friend - God knows why she wanted a crochet dress, guess it was trendy somewhere in the world at the time.
Sorry I digress, well done on keeping going & ringing the secretary, onwards and upwards re-read your last few posts, you are sounding more positive.
Old 12 Nov 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

You’ve got a real talent there Hexagon- when considering other career options might this be something to think about?

There’s money in knitting!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

That is gorgeous Hexagon! I agree with Col&Ali, there is a lot of money to be made in knitting. If you were to sell them on Etsy they would go like hotcakes. They are so unusual and people love unique handcrafted items.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
You’ve got a real talent there Hexagon- when considering other career options might this be something to think about?

There’s money in knitting!
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
That is gorgeous Hexagon! I agree with Col&Ali, there is a lot of money to be made in knitting. If you were to sell them on Etsy they would go like hotcakes. They are so unusual and people love unique handcrafted items.
I don’t like knitting enough to make things to sell. Plus it took me three years to knit that blanket lol. Knitting goes in phases, I’ll knit aggressively for a few months then I’ll stop for ages and it cycles.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
Thanks, I used to love knitting, don’t have the patience or the motivation now.

Well, I phoned the psychiatrists secretary and she said I’ve got an appointment next Tuesday, so at least that is something.
Well done to you for ringing and getting the appointment. I really hope they can help you on Tuesday xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well I managed to finish my assessments. I’d be surprised if I passed but you never know lol.

I feel thoroughly awful but it’s almost sleep time so at least that’s something.
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I got picked in Ollivanders and nearly cried.

Hey fellows HP fan 🥰
I have a philosophers stone poster with Richard harris' autograph on 😍
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
I got picked in Ollivanders and nearly cried.

Hey fellows HP fan 🥰
I have a philosophers stone poster with Richard harris' autograph on 😍
Oh my god, that’s amazing to both things.

I may have just bought the build a bear gryffindor bear with quidditch uniform, snitch and broom. Cost me £60 but so worth it. I’m so excited. I also recently bought a niffler and I named him endeavour after inspector endeavour morse lol.