Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
One bad review isn’t going to harm your business

Most people that read reviews before ordering will accept the occasional negative review.

Very few businesses get it right all the time .

So I really wouldn’t worry about it . You’ve offered a refund and you can state that under her review .

From the customers point of view, and I suspect if this were the customer posting answers would be very different , she’s frustrated her order is wrong . She won’t care for the reasons why it’s happened .

Most people would be in all honesty , and I wouldn’t remove a review that I personally felt was warranted..

Put it behind you and move on tomorrow’s another day and all that .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm not sure I'd buy from a business that didn't have an outlier one star review. No business manages to never screw up, so only having 5/4 star reviews suggests you haven't been in business very long.

You also need to look at it from their point of view. Maybe they saw your item and thought "despite having a crappy 2020 and not really being able to afford it, it will bring us joy so let's have a treat in this dreadful year"

I think I'd be upset to receive what amounts to a celebration of someone else's anniversary.

I'd get over it, and I don't think I'd have given anything as harsh as a one star (and if I did it would be after you'd had a chance to resolve the issue and not bothered - which isn't the case here)

Ultimately concentrate on providing great stuff to your other customers, it will eventually average out
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I think most customers would be unhappy to get a personalised gift with the wrong name on. I think it is a bit OTT to claim it is a disaster, but for whatever reason maybe it really mattered to her.

I think you need to try and be more resilient to negative feedback, because all businesses will receive it. Use it as an opportunity to learn, improve processes or whatever.

I use tripadvisor extensively for hotels / restaurants and put a lot of weight on it and even the very best will have some one star reviews. It is very easy for me as a consumer to work out which reviewers are having a bit of a rant and blowing things out of proportion. It is also easy to understand that sometimes things go wrong.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think most customers would be unhappy to get a personalised gift with the wrong name on. I think it is a bit OTT to claim it is a disaster, but for whatever reason maybe it really mattered to her.

I think you need to try and be more resilient to negative feedback, because all businesses will receive it. Use it as an opportunity to learn, improve processes or whatever.

I use tripadvisor extensively for hotels / restaurants and put a lot of weight on it and even the very best will have some one star reviews. It is very easy for me as a consumer to work out which reviewers are having a bit of a rant and blowing things out of proportion. It is also easy to understand that sometimes things go wrong.
I usually am resilient. I've been doing this for 7 years I'm no business newby. But with recently losing dad I think everything just got to me. The point is, whoever you're kicking off to whether it be a customer service advisor for a big company or a small business owner like myself, in the big picture it's not really that important and the way you speak to people can really ruin someone's day. (Also to add in that 7 years it's my first ever one star review, although it's definitely not my first crank)

Edited at 09:58 AM.
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Worked so bloody hard this week and accidentally sent someone an item with the wrong surname on. It's her anniversary tomorrow so of course I sent a refund straight away as well as lots of apologies. She's left me a one star review and told everyone what a 'disaster' it is and how upset she is.

Think I need a day off...

I was trying to enjoy putting the tree up with James when I saw the review and now I can't stop crying
Arrr mistakes happen A few weeks back I brought some non slip bath circles which i put in the bath but they did not work so i left a 1 star review on Amazon the company got in touch saying they sorry they did not work and gave a full refund they then asked in a very nice way could i change my review as they where a new small company and the review world damaged the compay I said thats fine and changed it got A very nice email thanking me and saying so sorry they did not work. I hope the lady reconsiders and change her review.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would take that more against her then yourself. You made a mistake when notified corrected it. It’s her anniversary something not like you sent her something rude. It’s probably everything getting on top and she vented her frustration wrongly at you. If you haven’t sent the item I wouldn’t bother her review is there and she seems like someone who wouldn’t change it as she didn’t give you a chance

Edited at 10:49 AM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I think you handled it perfectly, mistakes happen, we're all just human. Her review seems really unfair.

I sent my friend a birthday card via Thortful last year, it arrived with someone else's message printed on it, up side down on the back of the card, she didn't even know who it was from. The only solution they offered was to send the right card, no apology, no refund and we'd missed her birthday.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

I ordered a personalised pop up Arsenal birthday card for my nephew. When it arrived it was fabulous, but Aston Villa! I messaged the seller and she was so apologetic. She sent a replacement by next day delivery. I was really happy and left a very nice review. I found out later he was a Spurs fan, oops!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I ordered a personalised pop up Arsenal birthday card for my nephew. When it arrived it was fabulous, but Aston Villa! I messaged the seller and she was so apologetic. She sent a replacement by next day delivery. I was really happy and left a very nice review. I found out later he was a Spurs fan, oops!
This is the best one 😂😂
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Just remember no one is prefect ...

I think it was not fair that customer put one star on your business as you did apologies to them.

Total unfair

Please don't be sad and it can be happened

Please be positive and keep smile
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 11:49 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List