Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Hope not as we are planning a Japanese deep soak bath in my next bathroom

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Does 10cm really make a difference? As you have another bath i wouldnt see it as an issue.
I have 3 bathrooms, they all have showers only but i do want to put in a bath downstairs for when i do want a bath (rarely) and for when i sell (eventually)

upstairs i have a shower that has an open end, i doubt it will be cold as there is a towel rail by the shower. ( one day i will find a plumber to finish it)
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

We did our main bathroom last year and I actually wanted a smaller bath as the long one we had meant I slid down it all the time and I couldn't relax as I was constantly trying to keep myself above the water.

We also have an open ended shower with a glass panel down the side. We have an ensuite so I don't use that shower as a rule but I used it the other day and I found it cold, but I like a boiling hot shower and our ensuite one gets really hot and is enclosed so maybe thats why I noticed a difference.

We are doing our ensuite this Christmas (and I'm about to post a thread asking for ideas) and we're going to try and fit in a bigger shower rather than have another bath.

Edited at 06:47 PM.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I think the original bath was where the shower is so definitely not full length. The shower cubicle was behind the door and the sink was next to the toilet.
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I wouldn't have a bath in the ensuite either. Weve recently moved and there is a bath with a shower over in our ensuite. Its fairly new so not replacing but woukd just have a shower if we were. Our main bathroom is actually quite small and an older suite so when replace that might not put a bath back in as would still have one in the ensuite.
I wouldn't have thought buyers would actually notice a bath was a few mm smaller. Also, you are doing it for you, not for buyers. Anyway, i can't see many people not buying a house just because a bath was smaller
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

it could be worse - many baths in the US are way smaller both in depth and length!

Old 30 Nov 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Just do what you are happy with. Personally think the plumber is talking out of his backside. Is he supplying the bath?
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

Gosh, thank you for all the replies. I should have been clearer that the en-suite is (strangely) larger than the main family bathroom and there is enough space for a separate bath and shower. The shape of the room though means that there are two separate spaces for either bath or shower. The size of the bath does not affect the size of the shower.

The shower will either be 1200mm in length or around 1600mm in length (depending on where we put it). The current shower in there is fine as far as I'm concerned (size-wise) at 1100mm. Either way, the new shower will be bigger.

My issue with the bath in the family bathroom is the it is a bit too long for me. I feel like I'm in danger of slipping down, so have to "brace", but I wouldn't put in a smaller bath to suit me if it meant damaging the re-sale of the house. My main thought about saving 10cm was really about a storage solution rather than just me being "vertically challenged".

I'm interested that there's mixed opinion about whether the doorless shower is cold or not. I suppose it might depend on the heating in the bathroom generally.

Thank you for all your thoughts and suggestions.

EC

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=parisdisneyfan;14737200]In our family bathroom we have a 1400 freestanding bath as it was that or nothing! Our bathroom has a sloping ceiling and we couldn't get a shower cubicle there or a bigger bath with a shower above. We ended up losing our airing cupboard to fit a shower cubicle in and a small bath. I haven't used it yet but grown up dd loves it, she does the whole candles, cushion and bath bomb thing! We figured a small bath was better than no bath and as you can see it was a tight fit!

Thank you for your help and pictures. I love the look of that free standing bath, but have always worried that they were difficult to clean behind/around. Have you found that?

Thanks again

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Hope not as we are planning a Japanese deep soak bath in my next bathroom
I was just going to post for the OP to have a look at these. Japanese tubs are amazing and a huge space saver.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List