Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I would have contacted the police as it was outside of school.

Fighting in school isn’t a daily occurrence, especially actually being hit in the face. Hope your son is okay OP.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I can’t imagine the police arresting a 12 year old boy for hitting another 12 year old boy.
A 12 year old knows exactly what they are doing, they're not toddlers messing about.
They will most likely be cautioned and have their name recorded. Lifted and put in a cell? No, of course not but hopefully the fear of god gets put into them. Failing that, a case is built against them should it escalate. This wasn't 'boys being boys' it was a criminal offence.
In England and Wales, the age of criminal responsibility is 10 years old.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Your poor boy, I hope he is ok.
To the couple of posters who think that this incident being reported to the police is an overreaction - how serious would it need to be for you to call the police? Teeth knocked out? broken bones? concussion? a knife used? Because sadly in this day and age all of these things happen in some places on a regular basis. I am gobsmacked that some think that an assault is not worthy of calling the police for. Who knows how this boys will turn out in the future if they know there is no retribution for what they have done. Surely a visit from the police to put the fear of god in them from ever repeating this is a good thing, no?
Yes actually any of those things. Teeth knocked out, broken bones, yes maybe. A sibling could inflict this kind of minor injury on another sibling, would the parents call police? I doubt it.

The police have more important things to do than deal with a 12 year olds very minor fat lip. The school, should of course be dealing with it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes actually any of those things. Teeth knocked out, broken bones, yes maybe. A sibling could inflict this kind of minor injury on another sibling, would the parents call police? I doubt it.

The police have more important things to do than deal with a 12 year olds very minor fat lip. The school, should of course be dealing with it.
You say that, but when I was 13 I sent an email to a girl telling her she looked fat in her school trousers and the police came round. They will deal with it, and they’d rather deal with that than people reporting their neighbours for having someone in their house who doesn’t live there.

I do think it’s worth them speaking to the boys, the longer they get away with it, the worse it could get for someone else.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I can’t imagine the police arresting a 12 year old boy for hitting another 12 year old boy.
Yep does happen I’m afraid. Not that often I admit, but if the assault is worthy and the person has done this before then it can and does happen.

What I have noticed over time is that parents are not so willing to let these incidents go as they possibly would back when I was young.
Old 30 Nov 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I hope your DS is ok, and isn’t too badly affected by this. The school should investigate the incident, even though it was outside the school property. I would also have reported it to the police, as it is assault, regardless of age.
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

They will probably be dealing with these kids 5 years down the line if they aren't taken into hand now.
You sound like you speak with authority on what the police should be dealing with?
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope your son is ok. He must be very shook up and you too. X x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

If someone hit you unprovoked and gave you a fat lip would you call the police? Because I would, adult or child he was attacked, I’m not sure why the injury that occurred makes any difference. This wasn’t a couple of kids messing about like siblings would that could cause an injury, the boy would have known exactly what he was doing.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
If someone hit you unprovoked and gave you a fat lip would you call the police? Because I would, adult or child he was attacked, I’m not sure why the injury that occurred makes any difference. This wasn’t a couple of kids messing about like siblings would that could cause an injury, the boy would have known exactly what he was doing.
Excellent post and methinks the police would be called!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List