Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

CT Scan... women only

Trying to stop myself googling,

Had a gynie appt this morning regarding a possible prolapse. But when doing the ultra sound discovered an ovarian cyst. He hid say he wasn't too concerned about it, and is happy to wait until New Year to do anymore.

Will have a D&C late January but has ordered a CT Scan before then and that is the bit the has really floored me. Just wasn't expecting it.

Wondering what other ladies experience is.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No experience of CT scan but I will advise you so strongly not to use Dr Google. No matter what you search you will get worst case scenario. Its the 5th of Dec if he was very worried he would have had you in ASAP. Sometimes you just have to put your trust in the docs. Could be something harmless that just needs to be looked at. Try to put it in a box in the back of your head and enjoy your Christmas xxx
Old 5 Dec 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I’ve got an ovarian cyst I am monitored using ultrasound incl internal every few months and the cyst measure each time also have a CA125 blood test every 6 months.

Not had a CT scan, I am however now waiting for a full hysterectomy due to more polyps/fibroids in my uterus.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Had an ovarian cyst when I was in my early 20's ,didn't know it was there until it twisted on my Overy..and yet I was the size of a grapefruit! Removal and Overy reconstructed 👍...went on to have 2 children naturally without issues getting pregnant at all .
I've since had another cyst rupture, which was incredibly painful ,but again all recovered and no lasting issues ...Wishing you well xx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi,
I have had 2 CT scans for (at the time) undiagnosed abdominal issues. The CT itself is very quick and nothing to worry about and not claustrophobic like an MRI can be. It’s a big donut that you pass through on a moving platform...

Both of mine involved contrast dye which is injected in via a cannula in the hand. That can be a strange sensation and if they feed it in too quickly, can make you sick (first time I threw up quickly and violently) 2nd time the radiologist did it a little more slowly and I had no issues. The whole CT process took about 10 minutes.

Hope you get answers soon.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

My autistic 17 year old has had a few CTs including 1 with the contrast dye. They really are fine and over very quickly. She needs sedation for MRIs because she can't be still for so long but has no problems with CTs. It really is just like having an xray on a different kind of machine.
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve had a CT scan on my abdomen and it wasn’t a scary experience at all. As someone else has mentioned, you just pass through a ring shaped x ray type machine. If your doctor isn’t concerned, I’d try to put it out of your mind for now if you have to wait until January. 💗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Thank you everyone for encouraging words
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I had an ovarian cyst 12 years ago. It was 7cm but I didn’t even know it was there, only found during an Ultrasound scan following a miscarriage.
Doctor said they can go away on their own but because mine was quite large he didn’t think it would. Also had the CA125 blood test which looks for early signs of ovarian cancer, but he had already told me he was fairly confident it was just a cyst and this was just standard procedure. Monitored for 10 weeks and it hadn’t shrunk so had it removed. They did a biopsy and confirmed it was no more than a cyst. No CT scans. Op and recovery were fine and I went on to have my second baby 11 months after the op.
Try not to worry, good luck.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List