Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jul 13, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

First timer

Hi

I'm going to Florida for the first time in April 2014. We are only going for a week and I know we won't even scratch the surface. My DD will be nearly 12 and has said she wants to do universal as she mad about despicable me and Harry Potter, she also wants to do Discovery Cove but not sure whether she will do the dolphin swim if I book it! I definitely want to do Disney Animal Kingdom.

Could you recommend what park passes are best for us to get. We are staying in lake buena vista and have not hired a car but the hotel we are staying at has shuttles to Disney and universal.

Many thanks for all your help etc.
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

My favourites are all the disney parks, we always buy the 14day hopper. Magic kingdom is just so special for your first day! If your not sure your dd will do the dolphin swim why don't you just go to sea world? It is a fab day and there's a place where you can feed dolphins so you can still get that up close experience.

Hope you have a great time, this sept will be my 4th time in 5years! My dd will only be 4months when we go

Char xx
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kezza12
Imagineer

kezza12's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Get a discovery cove non swim ticket. With that you get a seaworld and aquatica ticket. And then if you then get a 2 park universal ticket that will be 4 pf your days already used up. Use the other days for shopping and repeat visits and a 1 day disney ticket. This however is not the cheapest option but you are limited with just one week. Gives you lots to look forward to for when you visit next time though. Oh and welcome to the dibb

April 2003 first ever visit groveser DTD. May 2005 honeymoon Holiday inn int drive. May 2007 2nd anniversary grovesner DTD. Oct 2009 birthday LBVVResort n spa. Jan 2011 LBVVResort and spa. Nov 2011 Las Vegas and Anaheim MGM grand and Disneyland hotel May 2013 8th anniversary vista cay. Oct 2013 cheeky birthday trip No 2 enclave suites
kezza12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Discovery cove is a fantastic experience. However, if you are not 100% sold on the swimmnig with dolphins thing I wouldnt book it. My eldest daughter was adamant that she wanted to swim with Dolphins. I couldnt afford DC that year so we went to Seaworld instead and she loved all the dolphin and whale shows. I bought the fish so that she could go and feed the Dolphins and she was really scared of them. She was 11. They are bigger than you think ! I was really glad that I hadnt booked the Dolphin swim.

If you have time / money and desire for Discovery cove with Dolphin swim then that is an uforgettable experience. If you are / she is uncertain then I echo Chloes point above and I would head for Seaworld and consider some of the interactions there, like feeding the dolphins (around $10 or less) - feeding the manta rays ($4 or so) or the more expensive options like feeding sealions etc or other animal interactions.

You can get a single day park ticket for Animal Kingdom, it will probably be best to get it on the gate. If you could / want to stretch to 2 days in the Disney parks then you can choose one of the others (MK and Epcot have fantastic fireworks which are worth seeing and Hollywood Studios has Fantasmic which is also worth going to in the evening. However it may not be on every night).

Then a one / two day ticket to IoA / US.

Have a look at the busy day guide and have a go at a planner to help you decide what you can do and how you can factor in a bit of rest too. The park hours will be key. Planning is even more important if you are on a flying visit.

Most people are up really early First / Second day (and earlyish to bed too), then perhaps a day of rest - or a waterpark (could get an Aquatica water park ticket with your Seaworld ticket option). Then you will feel more the thing towards the end of the holiday.

hope this helps

the dibb is a good place to ask questions so ask away...

I am sure you will have a fabulous time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for your messages, think I've got a lot of thinking and planning to do! Think sea world may be a better option for us this time, and I will def buy the fish so my daughter can feed them and see them up close. I've swim with dolphins twice already and loved it but would do it again no problems, just don't want to scare my daughter off!
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread