Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Getting a document notarised

Can a company director notarise a document? I’ve looked online but can’t get a definitive answer, does anyone know?

Thank you
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I had to have a DVC document notarised and it had to be a specifically trained/ registered soliton
There is a registered list of notaries somI used the one nearest to me
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I had my birth and marriage certificates notarised at a local solicitor for my application for NHS pension recently at a cost of £5 a copy. It stated on my application who could do it, wonder if different organisations ask for different people who can authorise them.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We had to have our DVC documents notarised a few years ago. I googled and found a local solicitor that could notarise documents.
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Only certain solicitors are notary publics. You will have to make an appointment to see notary taking the document and your original passport. He/she will then notarise your document and affix their notary stamp/seal. Costs about £80.00. Very different here to USA where almost anyone can notarise a document
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

They can be a counter signatory for items like passports but this has more relaxed rules. Is it definitely notarising you need, or just certification? They don't qualify for either as far as I'm aware, but it will make a difference to who you need to contact.

When I've had to get documents certified in the past, I used a local solicitor.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I had my birth and marriage certificates notarised at a local solicitor for my application for NHS pension recently at a cost of £5 a copy. It stated on my application who could do it, wonder if different organisations ask for different people who can authorise them.
£5.00 would have meant you had your document sworn in front of a solicitor. This is different to having a document notarised
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandevillepete View Post
£5.00 would have meant you had your document sworn in front of a solicitor. This is different to having a document notarised
Oh ok. All I know is I wasn’t sending the originals off I probably wouldn't have seen them ever again. Thought that’s what it was called, just remembered it was a certified copy. Honestly what a twit.

Edited at 10:33 PM.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
Can a company director notarise a document? I’ve looked online but can’t get a definitive answer, does anyone know?

Thank you
No definitely not you have to be a notary to notarise a document.
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

DD recently had to get some certificates notarised and a couple of phone calls to solicitors in town found us someone qualified to do this and it only cost £5 per document 👍
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List