Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Nov 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Legacy Park

Booked a 4 bed villa with Virgin Holidays at Legacy Park. Has anyone stayed there and can tell me a bit about the area. Are the villas modern inside ?
Thanks
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Firstly virgin don’t own any villa so it will depend on the individual villa owner how the villa is maintained and furnished
It’s a great location on the 27 and if you use the shortcut to Disney cuts out the stop start on the 192 it’s Florence Villa Grove check it out on google
Berry Town Centre a few minutes south Publics Applebee’s and the Bamboo wok take out
North on 27 you have Wal-Mart at Cagans Crossing a huge store or a few minutes north then on to the 192 you will find Aldi and all the main restaurants etc
Just one word of warning stick faithfully to the speed limit on the the road in the sheriff has a habit of sitting on the road at all hours of the day and night to catch folk speeding or not stopping for the school bus etc
There also a dollar tree a few minutes south and a couple of other stores which were opening when we were there in March on that stretch of the road
Approx 7 miles south you have the I4 junction 55 going both east and west if you need to use it Posner Park shopping centre with Target Bath Body Works Burlington Home Goods JC Penny Michaels and Dollar tree to name a few
The other way and on to the 192 Rolling oaks shopping and Resturants and Margaretaville with shopping Restaurants a cinema and the water park open to all not just residents
Hope that’s helped
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There are around 5 or 6 different villa communities off Legacy Park Boulevard. Legacy Park itself is the last on the right and opposite Highgate Park. Never stayed at LP but have stayed in the same villa on HP 13 times since 2011. Would have been 15 times this year.

VH don't own any villas and it depends on what the villa management company have available on the day you arrive.

Travel east on the 192 and after 5/10 minutes you will be in a short stretch of road with Manny’s, Culvers, Longhorn, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster, Joes Crab Shack, Bonefish Grill, Outback, Carrabbas, Millers Ale House, Cracker Barrel, Red Robin, Applebees, Fords, Hooters - bound to have missed a couple

Over in Champions Gate you’ll find another Millers, Red Robin, First Watch (for breakfast) and Chillis.

Go south on 27 for a couple of minutes to Berry Town Center and there’s an Applebees, iHOP and Bamboo Wok (a good Chinese take-out). Further south on 27 near Posner Park (I-4 interchange) and there’s a Bob Evans and just past Posner a nice Ovation Bistro.

There’s a Walmart at Cagan Crossings about 10 minutes north on the 27, a Target on the 192 near Longhorns and a couple of Publix. One at Summer Bay at the end of 192 and one at Berry.

I can get you to the famous Sherberth short cut to WDW avoiding the 192 if you're interested.

Mick
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thanks Mick
I know how to use the short cut but my vague directions as my boys say might take you to the end of the street but the depend to much on a sat nav
Oh how did we ever manage in Florida without one for nearly 20 years
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Thanks Mick
I know how to use the short cut but my vague directions as my boys say might take you to the end of the street but the depend to much on a sat nav
Oh how did we ever manage in Florida without one for nearly 20 years
Helen

When we were last there in Nov 2019 the last bit of Funie Steed Road wasn't open up to Entry Point Bvd. According to DonnaD it's now fully open and you can get from the lights at 27/Legacy all the way to EPB without seeing another light.
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes you can Mick
From our end though we usually use Earnie Cauldwell to get on to the 192 but Old Lake Wilson can be as busy as the I4 at times
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes you can Mick
From our end though we usually use Earnie Cauldwell to get on to the 192 but Old Lake Wilson can be as busy as the I4 at times
Helen

There's so much new residential development now near OLW. We had a drive down the southern bit of Westside Bvd from the school last Nov and were amazed to see all the new housing down there. Lots of new stuff on Florence Villa Grove as well.

I keep the restaurant/shops reply as a Word document as I've answered a few times but I seriously need to update with Aldi and the Margaritaville restaurants.

Mick

Edited at 02:34 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mick something like 5000 new homes going up between that area and us although building has slowed just a little right now
Old 9 Nov 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Helen & Mick thank you both for the information👍 I would appreciate the shortcut Mick please
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
Helen & Mick thank you both for the information👍 I would appreciate the shortcut Mick please
Lorbs

Having Google Maps open will help. It sounds complicated but trust me it's not. You're travelling the same distance north and east as you would if going via 27/192 but avoiding a dozen sets of lights. We must have done it over 200 times but you'll soon get used to it.

Go straight over the lights at 27 on to Florence Villa Grove Road. You'll pass Bahama Bay on your left and come to a 4 way stop at the school (front and left). This 4 way very busy at school in/out times. Turn left and north up Westside Boulevard.

You'll hit another 4 way. Turn right on to Funie Steed Road and drive a couple of miles (past Sunset Lakes and Emerald Isle) until you reach another 4 way. Straight over and all the way to Entry Point Bvd. Turn left and you'll hit the lights on 192. Straight on for Sherberth and pick up Osceola Parkway at the next lights. Access from OP to all WDW parks and DS

Mick

Edited at 08:29 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List