Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What age did you stop?

Believing in Santa?

James is 7. He said he saw us pretending to be the tooth fairy and John just admitted it 🙈

He is now doubting Santa

I've told him if he doesn't believe he won't get a present from Santa (we only do one gift from Santa and the rest are from us)

My James is a little Victor meldrew at times, does anyone else have a very serious child?

I once googled 'why is my 2 year old so miserable' but now I realise he is just very smart and switched on.

I tell myself he'll be successful when he's older and it'll all play out 🙈😍
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Probably about 8 or 9. I saw my mum in the reflection of a mirror in my bedroom creeping downstairs with an armful of presents when I was supposed to be asleep. The magic for me existed when I used to creep into bed with mum while dad went downstairs to light the coal fire and wait for the room to warm up nice and toasty and shouting upstairs that Santa had been and there was a big present waiting for me. Oh the excitement. Magically memories.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh that's made me feel all emotional 😢
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember believing but I don’t remember how or when I found out.
My older two children have never actually been told but they knew by high school. Although they still go with it now at 17 & 14 🤣
I still tell them to do their santa lists and to be good because santa is watching. My youngest is 7 and not questioned anything yet 🤞🏻
I have always found its a natural progression so never felt the need to sit them down and explain about santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I was 7. For reasons best known to them my junior school decided to teach us about the various myths around St Nicholas, made it pretty obvious it was a story!
Still loved having one of dads socks bulging with presents all wrapped up at the end of my bed.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I was 7 years and 1 month when I stopped believing. I was probably quite young, but I just worked it out. I still remember now thinking it didn’t seem believable!😂😂 I think my mum took the approach that suited me the most and she just accepted that I knew it wasn’t real and she stopped mentioning Santa after that, she didn’t try to push it. She started putting out my gifts on Christmas Eve and it worked.

Whereas my partner’s family will not admit santa doesn’t exist, bearing in mind they are all adults, no children. He moved out when he was 23 and his mum and dad would still only put the presents under the tree when they’d gone to bed and then they’d text them in the morning saying “he’s been”. His sister is 31 and she stays at his mum and dad’s for Christmas and they still do this for her. Each to their own I guess, maybe I’m a Scrooge. 😂
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

What...no Santa !

Impossible 😂

Disney332
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

I was 7 or 8. Our girls were told the summer before the started secondary school.
I think the oldest (now 17)had already twigged but the youngest truly believed and was heartbroken when we told her
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

My son is 9 and he hasnt questioned anything, husband keeps saying this will be the last year, im devastated as have loved doin all the christmas stuff with him over the years
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Believing in Santa?

James is 7. He said he saw us pretending to be the tooth fairy and John just admitted it 🙈

He is now doubting Santa

I've told him if he doesn't believe he won't get a present from Santa (we only do one gift from Santa and the rest are from us)

My James is a little Victor meldrew at times, does anyone else have a very serious child?

I once googled 'why is my 2 year old so miserable' but now I realise he is just very smart and switched on.

I tell myself he'll be successful when he's older and it'll all play out 🙈😍
Sounds just like my ds, incredibly smart, stopped believing around 7, didn't buy into this guy travelling around the world up and down chimneys.

For what it's worth my ds is now studying electronic engineering in University and is top of his class 👏
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List