Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sat crying in the toilet

Worked so bloody hard this week and accidentally sent someone an item with the wrong surname on. It's her anniversary tomorrow so of course I sent a refund straight away as well as lots of apologies. She's left me a one star review and told everyone what a 'disaster' it is and how upset she is.

Think I need a day off...

I was trying to enjoy putting the tree up with James when I saw the review and now I can't stop crying

Edited at 06:53 PM.
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Human error ..happens to everyone.
But people are quick to jump on people when things go wrong..you gave a refund and apologised...you done your bit so just think of all the people that are happy with everything you have done.
Things like this annoy me.
They dont realise how peoples businesses can be destroyed.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Worked so bloody hard this week and accidentally sent someone an item with the wrong surname on. It's her anniversary tomorrow so of course I sent a refund straight away as well as lots of apologies. She's left me a one star review and told everyone what a 'disaster' it is and how upset she is.

Think I need a day off...

I was trying to enjoy putting the tree up with James when I saw the review and now I can't stop crying
Ha well a certain very well known card company did that to me, I complained they refunded end of. Every one makes mistakes it's how you deal with it that matters. Have you a right of reply? X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Don’t be so hard on yourself. As jet said, it’s human error.

I would give it to my husband and make a joke of it whilst I wait for the correct one to arrive. I would be more miffed if it hadn’t been sent at all, than if I received the wrong name.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

It sounds like you managed it as well as you could have and that’s the important part.

It’s a mistake, it’s hardly a disaster. If my DH didn’t produce a present on our exact anniversary date for that reason, I wouldn’t care, I’d just wait and receive the correct thing or a replacement. Actually, I wouldn’t be that fussed if I didn’t even get a present.

I hope you have the opportunity to reply to the review and detail the steps you took to rectify the situation.

Take care, and don’t beat yourself up about it x
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Years ago I ordered my sister a cake for her 18th in the shape of a key. When I went to pick it up in was in the shape of a T. Her name is Dorothy so no way did it fit.
Anyhow I gave it to her and we still remember it.
It's not nice making a mistake but they do happen and one poor review wouldn't put me off ordering from someone xx
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I never forget ordering a cake for my Mum's 70th from Coccywoccydoodah. The whole family were away in a huge holiday house. The cake was secretly delivered and we smuggled it up to my bedroom. Decided to have a peep with my SIL and it said "Happy birthday Julie" ... no idea who the bloody hell Julie was, but she probably got a cake with Mum/ Pat/ Grandma on it!

Please don't be too harsh on yourself. You've done all you can xxx
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

To be human is to err... don’t beat yourself up too much

Edited at 07:42 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Sorry you are feeling like this - I really wish keyboard warriors could see the effect of their words on real people and think before they write.

You made a very minor mistake and rectified it as quickly ad mush as you could - for that you should be praised. Draw yourself a nice bubble bath, listen to some music you enjoy and have a pot of tea while you chill in the bath - well that’s what I would do and works wonders for me. Be kind to yourself xx
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Give yourself a break. Mistakes happen.

My step-son who sends cards via moonpig/funky pigeon etc to everyone, sent me a birthday card last year addressed to Julie! That’s not my name, but I guess he didn’t edit the name on the card to personalise it!

We just laugh about who the hell Julie is!

It’s not a “disaster”!

With all that’s going on currently, respond to the feedback and forget about it 👍.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List