Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 30 Nov 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Weight gain over Christmas

I have read that the average Brit puts on 2.7kgs that's nearly 7ibs over the holiday period.

I am going to really try not to do this, donyou have a plan for Christmas eating? Eat what you fancy, restrict to certain days, fewer mince pies in the house?

I read one mince pie is 250 calories, that's rediculous I could eat three in one go!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

The programme i watched the other night said on average we consume 6000calories on christmas day alone. It didnt say if that was just christmas lunch or the full day but wow. Ive managed to lose 5kg since June so dreading the christmas period (i actually only eat lunch on christmas day as i cant eat breakfast and then full for evening meal and busy putting things away).
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually don’t get huge quantities of extra food in, and we’re not huge drinkers, so it just chocolate and Christmas pud really extra for us, that average consumption has got to include at least a bottle of wine!
I would say - firstly if it’s not in the house you can’t eat it, so unless your a gathering of 20 you don’t need huge quantities of extra food in the house.
If you like a drink or a tin of chocolates, allow yourself to enjoy them, cause the guilt will cause even worse cycles then just saying ‘okay it’s Christmas I have a tin of chocs and 3 bottles of wine,...
that’s okay, it takes roughly 2500kcals (in excess) or something to put in a pound of fat, so don’t sweat it too much, take a nice little walk, or start an exercise plan in jan!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Normally I find its not just christmas day when the calories go up, for me its most of December. Christmas parties, lunches and family get togethers equal weight gain. This year though it wont be the case. No parties, no get togethers etc. I will see my family on Christmas day, after shielding for the best part of this year I cant wait to see them. No hugs and lots of sanitiser will be the order of the day. So this year I will be trying to control my eating, after losing 20lbs over the past few months I dont want to ruin my hard work. But I might have the odd mince pie!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I have been trying to lose weight since middle of the year, i am doing weight watchers and it is very slow but I am happy with that as I do allow myself treats and alcohol. Bad weeks i am happy if I maintain and then I have weeks with a loss.
I am planning to try to do the same over the festive period so then I do not pile on too much weight.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We eat like there’s no care in the world at Christmas. But I weigh weekly, and I’ve never managed 7lbs on in the two weeks of festivities! That’s impressive!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I won’t over indulge I’m already overweight and can’t afford to put on anymore.
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I've lost 12kg since September, aiming for 18kg by Xmas.

Come Christmas it will be unleash the hounds time, nothing will be off limits.

Will go wild for a few days then get bored of it and return to a normal eating pattern and only drink at the weekend. Expect to put on a few Kg but that will be gone by the end of January easily.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have read that the average Brit puts on 2.7kgs that's nearly 7ibs over the holiday period.

I am going to really try not to do this, donyou have a plan for Christmas eating? Eat what you fancy, restrict to certain days, fewer mince pies in the house?

I read one mince pie is 250 calories, that's rediculous I could eat three in one go!
Oh yes mince pies are terrible, especially as 1 is never enough
I usually put on a few lbs as I do love Roses Heroes etc
I always make sure I keep up with my exercise routine otherwise the weight gain could be huge
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've been buying an insane amount of Christmas food (mince pies, chocolate, lebkuchen, stollen, and more) so I expect my snacking calorie intake to go way up the whole month of Christmas!

Hopefully it just replaces my regular snacks instead of being in addition to my regular snacks...