Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Aug 13, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

1 person has cancelled whats the best options

Hi
we are a party of 9 and unfortunately there has been a break up and 1 person will not be going. we go in 4 weeks. I'm still debating what to do with the flight whether to cancel or to just do a no show (if a no show happens can i claim tax back or do i have to cancel to do that).
The main problem i have is that i bought all the disney 14 day ultimate and universal tickets from ATD and paid cash, they will only refund 70% of the ticket price, is there any other way to get full refund ie at disney themselves or even selling to those ticket booths if its unused, not trying to sell on unused days or anything?

any advice would help
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Surely if cancelling so close to the departure date then the burden for payment should still be on the person cancelling? It's their decision not to go so they should accept that they've lost the money. Harsh maybe but why should you be out of pocket?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

Totally agree with épée I know it's sad but the onus is on the person who cancelled especially as you'll have so much to do actually getting there Have a word with the couple ( perhaps separately ) and see if they can do something to ease it up for you Any way whatever happens have a great holiday you sound like you deserve it
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I doubt you'd get even 70% from the ticket booths.. but i've seen tickets sell on ebay for not much less than the rrp.

But i'd be expecting the person that cancelled to pay up in full and then its upto them if they want to resell their tickets to recoup their money.

As for the flight you (or they) will get some of their taxes back but its not much , but i think you'd have to cancel for that rather than just not show up.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks very much, i cant get in touch with them as they have moved to another place and wont answer phones. they paid for their own flight which is why i'm not so worried but just the disney ticket i paid for
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really hope you get it sorted, you shouldn't have to be out of pocket.
If there is no way that you can get the money off them and you know you will be returning to WDW i would ask Disney how much to make the ticket a non-expiration one instead and use it another time
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
Really hope you get it sorted, you shouldn't have to be out of pocket.
If there is no way that you can get the money off them and you know you will be returning to WDW i would ask Disney how much to make the ticket a non-expiration one instead and use it another time
i would email ATD and ask about changing to a non expiration if they can or as Latics suggests ask WDW.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Same happened to me , just before we paid balance ,thank god ! ,just lost £50 on flight & there car ...am still taking my sister Wouldnt get much on ticket booths but might be worth a try if going to waste ,good luck
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 13, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Hi
Not sure if its the same but my ex left us last year a couple of month before our holuday ... As it was with virgin they just amended the package but I had bought MYW tickets in advance. I just kept his and used it on our next trip ... Good enough reason for me and my boys to go back !
Best bit of him leaving is that now Theres no complaints or having to justify myself when we want to go back to Florida ... Should have known he wasn't right (15 yr to late) when he would complain about going x
Old 6 Aug 13, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread