Notices

View Poll Results: Art Of Animation or Pop Century?
Art Of Animation 35 46.67%
Pop Century 40 53.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jul 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Why don't you have half at each
2017 All Stars Movies
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i have only walked round both, never stayed..We all preferred the look and feel of Aoa..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylucy
a Friend of the DIBB

We have gone with pop and think we're going to stick with it, as the new rooms look really nice and obviously won't be spending lots of time at the hotel, just using it as a base! but we are wondering is it worth upgrading to a preferred room or not? The only other value we have stayed at previous is All Star Music and that was fine without preferred, but pop looks a bit bigger.
disneylucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Haven’t stayed at AOA but did stay at Pop last December in a preferred room and found it quite comfortable. We tend to not eat much for breakfast so liked having the table during the day for this purpose. The room had enough USB points for all our gadgets which was useful. Having access to the Skyliner was part of the reason we chose this resort and it was certainly a bonus.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Pop would be my choice. Recently refurbished and they have coffee machines in the rooms, unlike all other non refurbished standard rooms in other value resorts, which don't.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

The mermaid rooms have been refurbed and all have coffee machines now, at least that’s what a CM told me a couple of weeks back. We have booked there as taken in with the theming.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

I also heard the mermaid rooms were a hike but saw a YouTube video where they walked and it was 8 mins from their room to reception so unless you have mobility issues I don’t think it’s too bad.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Our 2019 holiday was in the Mermaid rooms, and though it was a longer walk from the main hub, it certainly isn't miles. Not for us Brits anyways The room wasn't refurbished at the time, but we had an outstanding view in Building 7, top floor facing the lake and the Disney Skyliner. We're due to return in mid November, so I'm pleased to hear of the refurbishment.

If you want to see which rooms have the best views, this is a very useful site which has pictures of the views. Requests aren't guaranteed, but it's worth a shot.

touringplans/hotel_maps/...imation-resort
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have stayed at both and prefer pop. I think it's because we have stayed at pop the most so has more memories for us.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed at Pop in a room near the skyliner and it was just as quick to go to the food court in AOA. I loved the room with the murphy bed, it made it feel a lot bigger.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List