Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Bang and then it all comes to and end - broken thumb in first over of an under 15's match whilst wicket keeping. To be fair to the lad he's got some nuts as he kept wicket for another 17 overs and then opened the batting to score 30 (RTNO) and finished the season as leading run scorer for under 15's in Lincolnshire. Hand is now in a cast for 4 weeks and then physio - should be ready for winter nets the beginning of November
OUCH downside to keeping, thankfully DD hasn’t broken a finger but badly bruised a couple of times ( this is what happens when you keep ) hopefully he’ll be ok for trials
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Just resurrecting this post but we managed to get a month of nets in before lock down mk37 and the ECB cricket coach (talent scout for England) pulled us both to the side for a chat so basically a minor counties side wants our youth to train with the development side and a county side wants him to play for the under 17’s - not bad for a 15 year old. I’m keeping him in shape with a net rigged up in the garage but I’m just not good enough to bowl against him - anyway onwards and upwards
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Update and proud dad moment - we had a number of people congratulate our kid over the weekend about his selection for the county squad (which we knew nothing about) anyway the phone call and email has been received today confirming things - well done our kid you are a hero
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

This is wonderful, you must be so proud, congratulations to your son xxx
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

A huge congratulations to your DS for his County Selection and and congratulations to you for your commitment to your DS passion I know it takes a lot, not sure where you are but our DD got a lot out of 1-1’s for both batting and wicket keeping Total Cricket Ashton -Under - Lynn
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Superb news Blades... loved my time with bat and ball... played at a half decent level and got invited to a fair few pro-celeb games... bit interesting facing Greg Thomas (at the time the quickest white bowler in the world) on a quayside in St Austell harbour! Some great games and times with Allan Lamb, Courtney Walsh, Eldine Baptiste, Mark Greatbatch, Graeme Roope, Wayne Larkins, Neil Foster, John Lever etc... all without a helmet! Christ seems like a life time ago now...best of luck for the lad

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List