Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Sep 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Book the DC day towards the beginning/middle of the holiday so if you are cancelled due to thunder storms, you will be offered another day to return (which is no good to you if you are on the plane home the next day).
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Always our best day in Orlando. I have been 8 times now and a DC Ultimate is the only theme park ticket that we are guaranteed to purchase as it is such incredible value when compared with the other two offerings.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Same as above, the ultimate ticket is a bargain, we have been 6 times now.

We don’t bother with the dolphin swim anymore, did it once and it’s such a short part of the day for us it’s just not worth the extra.

The birds are best to feed in the morning, it’s quieter as everyone tends to head to get in the water and they feed well with them sat all over you.

By the time you come out all the wait for the wetsuits are gone and the changing rooms empty.

As others have said you really don’t need to take anything, maybe a taxi if you want to make use of the all inclusive bud light lime!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Same as above, the ultimate ticket is a bargain, we have been 6 times now.

We don’t bother with the dolphin swim anymore, did it once and it’s such a short part of the day for us it’s just not worth the extra.

The birds are best to feed in the morning, it’s quieter as everyone tends to head to get in the water and they feed well with them sat all over you.

By the time you come out all the wait for the wetsuits are gone and the changing rooms empty.

As others have said you really don’t need to take anything, maybe a taxi if you want to make use of the all inclusive bud light lime!
Same. we did the Dolphins, but didn't rate it enough to repeat it. It seemed both sterile and controlled. That is most certainly not what draws us there. The bird feeding is great fun.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:38 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I don't get an Ultimate ticket as I'm not interested in going to any of the other parks. So I get the DC only one.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Discovery Cove is fantastic. The free snacks are wonderful, the meals are 'ok' but still worth having. My only grumble is the cost of the photos etc. if you do the dolphin swim, a nice experience but the additional cost of the official photos are utterly crazy.
Done the dolphin swim once but it is worth it? No not at all, your time with the dolphins are minimal. If you can get a good deal then fair enough but I would say don't bother.

Edited at 11:18 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I love Discovery Cove it's always one of out favourite days of the holiday! We usually arrive around 7am which gives you time to get checked in and have breakfast before the water areas open at 9am.

We always book to go on a weekend because they have a limited capacity so it never feels too busy like the theme parks do at weekends.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

My family couldn't believe it when I insisted we went to DC on our last trip to Florida. My OH thought is very expensive for what she assumed you got. We ended up getting the Ultimate tickets (inc dolphin swim) during their Black Friday sale.

If you are doing the dolphin swim, get there early to get an early dolphin slot. Get there early anyway to maximise the time available for the free food and drink

We all loved it and would definitely go again; though we won't bother with the dolphin swim next time.
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List