Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

It is strange how people form prejudices towards various companies, both positive and negative. One incident good or bad can cause an opinion to be held for years beyond it's rational validity. I've had good, bad and many uneventful flights with Virgin. Bad and uneventful with Thomas Cook. Good and uneventful with TUI and first chioice.

This would suggest that we should favour Tui, but we don't as their price has been too expensive since they got the more efficient dreamliners, and as a magical express user, much prefer to land into MCO.

Different airlines have different strengths and weaknesses, be that schedules, IFE, food, airports, price, seat layouts etc. None of them is perfect, and it's all about where we make the compromises.
For us the price difference is not the sole factor in a choice, just a significant one.
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have had all our refunds within a couple of weeks - except for Virgin Atlantic which we have been waiting for since early July. So I will avoid booking with Virgin again, probably by checking the Delta prices instead
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I haven't used Virgin (once to NYC years ago) because I'm price sensitive and they were always hundreds more for my dates. I also found a lot of good uses for Avios so the Virgin loyalty scheme didn't interest me. But being price sensitive if Virgin had a big sale and slashed fares I would book, perhaps through Delta or Air France so they would reroute me if the company went bust. So I'm not boycotting them or anything, their pricing and booing terms just haven't worked for me.

One thing Virgin did very, very well here in the UK was marketing/creating a brand image. When you talk to Americans they have usually never heard of Virgin, they have always heard of BA. From California to Hawaii I've had valet guys and receptionists ask if we came over with BA and they have a romanticised image of the company associating it still with Concorde, royalty, British celebrities. But here Virgin created a niche and really put out an image of a sexier, more fun, younger airline and people were willing to pay a bit of a premium esp on holiday routes. I think the image worked well with the fun of going on holiday and as other airlines all became the same and cut corners Virgin stood out as unique. I wouldn't discount the psychology of that going forward.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List