Notices

Old 2 Oct 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
We have a log cabin booked for half term, fully paid now, itís located 3miles in to Gwynedd county and so far the site are saying they are open, theyíve not said what our options are 🤦 Iím hoping they see sense in the next 3 weeks And we can at least move the holiday if not get a refund. We had planned conwy castle, Llandudno, betws-y-coed, zip world fforest and Snowdon! The only one of those we can now do is Snowdon. We will have to drive from the English border to the site without stopping (with 2 kids in the car) too. We chose the site for its central location for the attractions we wanted to go to, now the only direction we can travel is west, otherwise weíd be in a lockdown area 🤦
Vikitoria, not sure what you mean by see sense? but thereís lots in Gwynedd you can do if youíre not able to go into the other counties, there are castles at Caernarfon, Criccieth and Harlech, thereís Portmerion, Beddgelert, the Ty Coch at Porthdinllaen and you can still go across to Anglesey x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Serious Dibber

Compelled to post this.
Western Telegraph came up on my newsfeed with a shock-horror line of "20 cases of Coronavirus in Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire" I thought Oh No and clicked on it.
18 in Carmarthenshire and 2 in Pembs . TWO. TWO.
Even local papers are getting carried away. Why suggest Pembs is equally high in cases with its neighbour . I despair
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Vikitoria, not sure what you mean by see sense? but thereís lots in Gwynedd you can do if youíre not able to go into the other counties, there are castles at Caernarfon, Criccieth and Harlech, thereís Portmerion, Beddgelert, the Ty Coch at Porthdinllaen and you can still go across to Anglesey x
I hope they see sense in that having paid school holiday prices they let us move it to next year, it is really going to restrict what we can do with 2 young children and is not going to be the holiday we wanted. The kids donít mind some exploring but this needs to be interspersed with things for them. I wonít be booking any more holidays in advance, I donít want to be worried where we can and canít stop on roads, the location of the holiday park is Bethesda so is really in a corner and only one way out without restrictions. Iíd rather go another time than spend a lot of money not getting the holiday we wanted. Iím sure the places you mention are great, but Iíd have chosen a different location to stay to visit them. Our daughter gets travel sick so the least time in the car the better!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne

Edited at 09:45 AM.
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
If its a lockdown area, no outsiders are allowed in, so they should not be eating out etc.. The only exception is those who travelled there before the lockdown which are able to complete their short term trip.
Saying that, I heard Trecco Bay in Porthcawl told all guests not from the county to leave once Bridgend went into lockdown. Thatís only hearsay, mind. I thought people could stay if theyíd arrived beforehand too, as long as they complied with the restrictions whilst they were there.
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cath24601 View Post
Saying that, I heard Trecco Bay in Porthcawl told all guests not from the county to leave once Bridgend went into lockdown. Thatís only hearsay, mind. I thought people could stay if theyíd arrived beforehand too, as long as they complied with the restrictions whilst they were there.
Everyone was told to leave when lockdown was reintroduced but we walked along the beachside last weekend (we live within the county) and saw some caravans occupied.

I assume itís those who own and live there for the majority of the year but not sure.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List