Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Your offer probably also states that the 1 month AP you're offered carries the same type, benefits and restriction than your orginal one

so make sure the trip you'll use the pass for, doesn't fall in a blackout period.
You mentionned august, first halfis typically blocked out, even though blackout dates are most of the time lifted a couple of months before

it's just worth noting that if you had a seasonal, the offer is good for a seasonal under the same benefits/restrictions.

It should be written in the email containing your case file number, so this is no news for you. I'm mentionning for the AP holders here who still haven't heard back from universal, or who are yet to contact universal to have their AP extended, or replaced for a later visit.
Good points to note. Thank you. It’s definitely worth checking the blackout dates. We were aware of these as we knew the seasonal passes had more blackout dates. I’ll update when they send the passes through to us what the restrictions and benefits are and if they are exactly the same as the original APs we purchased. Have to say I’m more impressed with universal than Disney at the moment. I sent a similar email to them but they are only offering the partial refund for data the parks have been closed so far.
Helen1512 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok I haven't completely read all posts but I'll tell you what they have done for us, AP originally due to run out Sept:
Our AP's are now frozen, when we re-activate them we will have the 4 months that they've been closed plus the 2 months remaining so 6 months in total. TBH I would have been happy with just a month as we are hardly likely to get much use out of those 6 months IYKWIM but it is definately the "thought that counts" & more than impressed with Universal's customer service, pity I can't say that about their competitor up the road!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Ok I haven't completely read all posts but I'll tell you what they have done for us, AP originally due to run out Sept:
Our AP's are now frozen, when we re-activate them we will have the 4 months that they've been closed plus the 2 months remaining so 6 months in total. TBH I would have been happy with just a month as we are hardly likely to get much use out of those 6 months IYKWIM but it is definately the "thought that counts" & more than impressed with Universal's customer service, pity I can't say that about their competitor up the road!
SD
same outcome for us too. Blocked our AP and told on our next visit just visit guest services and will he reactivated, and last for as long as was originally left on it. Took one phone call but first person couldn't do it, but put through to guest services and she quickly responded and offered this. So very happy!
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
We have just had our flight from Glasgow to Florida cancelled by Virgin this weekend and they won't start our route again until next year.

We are annual pass holders and I have just messaged Universal to see if there is anything they can do. We last used our passes on 21st Sept 2019 and our renewal date was 29th Sept 19 so I am hoping that they will be able to freeze our Annual Passes for us as we will definitely be there next year as its killing me at the moment knowing that we won't be able to go to HHN this year.
2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We have (had) seasonal passes that expired in May. We should if used them before they expired but obviously that didn’t happen.
Anyway I emailed guest services after lots of people on a different thread had done it.
They initially offered a 3 day 3 park ticket. We had only used the pass for two days originally.
I explained we usually do about 17 days on site so they responded and offered a 20 day 3 park ticket which I accepted.
I would of preferred If they had just frozen the pass then re-activated as others have above but hey ho definitely can’t complain in the slightest.
Just slightly frustrating how the “offers” seem to vary so much.

Edited at 06:38 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We upgraded our tickets to APs last September but once we decided for sure we weren’t going this September I contacted Universal. They’re giving us equivalent passes valid for 3 months from whatever date we activate them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Our annual passes should be running out in July.
We got told they'd been extended by the shutdown period, which means if our September trip was to go ahead they would still be usable.

If our Sept trip gets cancelled, after reading these posts we will contact them to see what they can do.

We were planning to use our passes back in March but that trip got cancelled, obviously, because of the virus. We did use them last July, for 3 days - but we knew we were coming back this year, hence the AP purchase.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
same outcome for us too. Blocked our AP and told on our next visit just visit guest services and will he reactivated, and last for as long as was originally left on it. Took one phone call but first person couldn't do it, but put through to guest services and she quickly responded and offered this. So very happy!
This is interesting as they've told me I can use mine for my September trip if it goes ahead, or I can have a 5 day 3 park pass for next year. I definitely would prefer it to reactivate next year if we can't use it this year. Can't fault their customer service though.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A bit of a mixed bag as far as results but this is my e-mail:
I hope this email finds you doing well. I located your 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass and ***** 2-Park Annual Pass and verified they expire on December 25, 2020. Although, we are not assisting past extending the passes for the days we were closed, I will like to make a one-time exception and cancel the passes you have now and issue one (1) 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass and one (1) 2-Park Power Annual Pass both valid for four (6) months in the future. Your six (6) months will start counting when you pick up the new passes.

The Original end date was 26th Sept so Dec is with the added 4 months for closing, seriously can't fault them & in all honesty would have been ecstatic with just valid for our May trip! Pity the home of the Mouse have been so poor
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

We had APs that were due to expire in August, then extended the 3 months to November. As its unlikely we will make it there now, I messaged Universal and they offered me 5 day park to park tickets in exchange. No expiry, but need to use the 5 days within 7 days of activating. I'm happy with that as we can use them next year, although we lose the AP benefits.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List