Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

U.K. people booking Miracosta / Tokyo Disneyland hotel?

Before the current situation I think you had to ge online at a certain time etc.

But if wanted to get 2 nights for next May 12th / 13th, what date / time should I be poised at the keyboard?

Anyone done it?
Any tips?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Lucky you. Really envious! No idea on times, you could try fake booking into the future and see what dates are available, or have they stopped booking at the moment?
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trading Disney Pins

Hello! We did this last year for our May trip this year (). The vacation packages can be booked from 6 months out, hotel only is from 5 months out (to the day). I can't remember what time exactly it was, but it was during the night (3am GMT?). However, due to COVID, it looks like they are currently only booking up to a month in advance now.

In terms of tips, I had read beforehand how people have had trouble booking with non-Japanese credit cards. I used my BA Amex and it worked fine - so maybe have a spare card on hand just in case! They take 30,000 yen as deposit, but this is fully refundable up to 14 days before check in.

We'll be patiently waiting for May 2021 reservations too
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Lucky you. Really envious! No idea on times, you could try fake booking into the future and see what dates are available, or have they stopped booking at the moment?
At the moment they are only booking a few weeks in advance.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Ok not going ahead now - talked to my non-Disney partner and they are not a fan of the cost, the themeing of the rooms etc - all common sense stuff but agreed that the Hilton room we have is bigger, cheaper and with the money saved, more to buy goodies wise.
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Ref payment cards. What I can say is that I booked our park tickets using a Halifax clarity card via the main DLJ website without issue.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I have 2 cards to use - the old Virgin Amex card that got re-branded to something (forget name) by MBNA - that does 0% foreign fees.

Or my Curve card.