Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thanks all for your reassurance on the shuttle!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Thank you! Do you find it easy to find and get on? I asked on Facebook and people said it was a nightmare as often you can’t even get on it and then you are stranded with little ones. The general advice was to avoid it. This was my first choice but they’ve made me really worry it’s the worse idea.
Yeah, we used it in May and December with a small toddler (18mths and then 2yrs exactly). Had no problems at all, was very quick, easy, comfortable etc It was really empty in May but much busier in December (clashed with public transport strikes so was expected). It was perfectly fine and we'll be using it with DS and our new baby next September.

We've visited Majorca (used the transfer coach) and also London (used buses and the tube) and also used local trains/metros etc

Before Covid we'd had trips booked to Portugal, Holland and Barcelona for this year and would have used a combination of transport happily. We love travelling and enjoy taking DS to different countries so just see it as a necessity as these are places we wouldn't drive. Xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Am I the only one that had to google what an ERF parent is ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

As a kid we had a big volvo, the youngest sat in the rear facing seats so that was me
I was used to looking at where we had been rather than where we were going

As babies we were in a carrycot, thats about as safe as things got...
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Was a long title and I knew if you know, you know... 😉
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Yeah, we used it in May and December with a small toddler (18mths and then 2yrs exactly). Had no problems at all, was very quick, easy, comfortable etc It was really empty in May but much busier in December (clashed with public transport strikes so was expected). It was perfectly fine and we'll be using it with DS and our new baby next September.

We've visited Majorca (used the transfer coach) and also London (used buses and the tube) and also used local trains/metros etc

Before Covid we'd had trips booked to Portugal, Holland and Barcelona for this year and would have used a combination of transport happily. We love travelling and enjoy taking DS to different countries so just see it as a necessity as these are places we wouldn't drive. Xx
Thanks, that’s good to hear. x
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We can’t really, I did consider it but they’re are Axkid mini kids and they are huge, expensive and heavy and there would be two. It’s just too much pay extra for and to cart two kids, luggage, two car seats and then expense of hiring a car on top for a 4 day trip. Kids are top end of ERF as they’ll be 4.5 and 6.5 when we go so not very young any more. I just feel the coach would be better for us as first timers as it’s most similar to Orlando.
Gah! I don’t know!

Do you like DLP?
That is absolutely fair enough! And I love that you have kept them RF for so long, I always get so excited when I meet other people so passionate about in-car safety (if only everyone took it more seriously!)

We love DLP! Obviously a very different experience to WDW but absolutely so magical in it's own way. I love that everything is all in one place and as we stay on-site we are able to walk to and from the hotel. It's such a great Disney fix, you are going to have an amazing time!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
That is absolutely fair enough! And I love that you have kept them RF for so long, I always get so excited when I meet other people so passionate about in-car safety (if only everyone took it more seriously!)

We love DLP! Obviously a very different experience to WDW but absolutely so magical in it's own way. I love that everything is all in one place and as we stay on-site we are able to walk to and from the hotel. It's such a great Disney fix, you are going to have an amazing time!
Ooh that sounds perfect! I love the idea of everything being together. We are looking at Newport Bay so I think nice and close.

I am very passionate! I was hoping to keep them both ERF until 7 but my daughter is 123cm and my son is 22kg so they are both very very near the limit for different reasons. I spoke to Axkid and they think early next year they’ll probably be over the limit and move onto the Axkid big kid - I’m dreading it! So I’m pushing it as long as I safely can!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 25 Aug 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ooh that sounds perfect! I love the idea of everything being together. We are looking at Newport Bay so I think nice and close.

I am very passionate! I was hoping to keep them both ERF until 7 but my daughter is 123cm and my son is 22kg so they are both very very near the limit for different reasons. I spoke to Axkid and they think early next year they’ll probably be over the limit and move onto the Axkid big kid - I’m dreading it! So I’m pushing it as long as I safely can!
My LB isn't 3 until November so we have a while yet thankfully... although I don't think it will be long before he hits the limit of his current 18kg seat so we will look at getting a 25kg ERF seat... I have heard great things about Axkid ones!

My sister is fortunate in having petite children, she managed to keep my niece RF in her two-way elite until almost 8!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
No, I had too as well! Saying that, I don't have young kids!
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List