Notices

View Poll Results: It's getting chilly so should I...
Winter Pjs? 39 37.50%
Winter duvet? 22 21.15%
Don't be a wuss stick to all round summer? 36 34.62%
Add a hot water bottle too? 7 6.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Aug 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I tested the thermostat earlier. It may have clicked on if I'd got it switched on. My DS in shorts and tshirt switched the conservatory (dining table) heater on. He was very firmly told 'put a jumper on or I'll start charging you! '
Hi Caj, fair do's if he's in summer gear and cold, get some long troos and jumper on

Bar two Fridays of lovely weather (great, no socks ) it's been winter gear all the way. I know some won't put the heating on whatsoever during the summer months, in this house we will not be cold. Over the last three weeks our evening/night temps have dropped below double figures, 9 degrees tonight (13 today & tomorrow daytime) forecasting 5 tomorrow night, 6 on Monday. Noticed last week trees have begun their autumn colours up here.

One needs to experience our circa 1k feet above sea level microclimate to understand our significant temp differences - last August hubs was up at 3am for the loo, it wasn't too cold, he looked out the window to see light snow falling, kid you not! One Nov, mid afternoon, I emailed hubs 'we'll be snowed in within the hour' photos - he replied not a snowflake in Birtley, 9 mile away, and he was on his way - half a mile from home he tried to help a lass stuck on the bank, luckily a member of her family rocked up in a 4x4, towed her up the bank and came back for him.
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Its pretty close voting. I did leave summer on, so my hope of no heat till oct still is a hope!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

It was lovely here yesterday DS3 DDIL and 2 year old DGD were here and we had a BBQ.
Around 6 pm it did get a bit chilly so we sat in the conservatory.
We have a summer duvet all year and I wear shorts and vest type pyjamas for bed I’m very often lying on top of the covers because of those lovely hot flushes
Old 31 Aug 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
It was lovely here yesterday DS3 DDIL and 2 year old DGD were here and we had a BBQ.
Around 6 pm it did get a bit chilly so we sat in the conservatory.
We have a summer duvet all year and I wear shorts and vest type pyjamas for bed I’m very often lying on top of the covers because of those lovely hot flushes
I stick a leg out for temp control, I'm not full blown flushing yet!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

I was too hot last night! Is it getting towards summer yet?!
Old 9 Sep 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Going to be 28 in London on Monday , not putting the winter pj’s on just yet!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Forecasting 20 here next Monday, rain for Tues and Weds, oh, that'll make a change then!
Old 16 Sep 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Same here ChrisS last Saturday a howling wind and rain beyond belief must have been bad DH walked off the golf course
Monday we had 4seasons in one day yesterday and the rest of the week to be dry at least then winter again
Don’t think my bones will stand a long cold winter here
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

It reached 78f here in sunny Chelmsford today. Even now at 11.36pm it's 61f.

I'm in bed with my summer quilt, the window open and I might need the fan soon. Can't stand being too warm in bed.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

After two truly lovely days on Monday, and especially Tuesday (82) I spoke to pals in Essex and Dublin today, Weds 16 Sept, superb 80 degree weather... due to the jet stream dipping over the north our microclimate village saw temps plummet, at highest point, to 56 degrees, kid you not! Whilst getting ready to go shopping I turned Whatsapp to hubs to say hello to our Essex pal, she asked if he was 'going out in that woollen hat'... 'oh yes, winter gear chilly here'.

Thin blanket on the bed Mon and Tues, duvet tonight, and now likely to remain that way too.