Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Oct 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Tui Covid cover question

Hi
Des anyone know if this covers you you are unable to travel due to coming in contact with covid and having to self isolate?
The cover looks good for everyone else and it is clear you are covered if you contract covid before travel but it doesn't say if you have to self isolate. I'm worried if I book something the kids will end up having to isolate if theres a positive case at their school!

I'm keen to get away for October half term but weighing everything up right now.

Kirsty

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We booked based on what we were told in the shop, thinking we’d be able to cancel if the country went onto the quarantine list, but now we’ve booked and Turkey has gone on the list we’ve realised we can only move the holiday and not cancel. We’re now leaving it til closer to half term as it looks lIke TUI have cancelled turkey flights until the 15th so they may end up cancelling us anyways, and if not we’ll look at either changing the destination or the date. It depends where is open in two weeks. If I were you, I’d leave it as late as possible.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m pretty sure it’s if you contract Covid or you are officially required to isolate
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
We booked based on what we were told in the shop, thinking we’d be able to cancel if the country went onto the quarantine list, but now we’ve booked and Turkey has gone on the list we’ve realised we can only move the holiday and not cancel. We’re now leaving it til closer to half term as it looks lIke TUI have cancelled turkey flights until the 15th so they may end up cancelling us anyways, and if not we’ll look at either changing the destination or the date. It depends where is open in two weeks. If I were you, I’d leave it as late as possible.
TUI have pretty good COVID cover IMO and we used their booking incentive in the summer as the hotel we'd booked in Corfu was staying closed so we changed to Turkey and got £500 towards the new trip.

If your holiday to Turkey is cancelled by TUI then you can ask for a refund. Their website has loads of information about their COVID guarantee.

We're currently playing chicken with TUI for October half term. We have something booked which I expect will be cancelled but if I change it then I lose the £500 booking incentive option.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Yeah we’re just hanging on to see if it’s cancelled now, otherwise we’re going to have to wait til Thursday 22nd to see where is still available to go to and rebook for somewhere else to leave on the 24th.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Yeah we’re just hanging on to see if it’s cancelled now, otherwise we’re going to have to wait til Thursday 22nd to see where is still available to go to and rebook for somewhere else to leave on the 24th.
Same here. I've shortlisted a few hotels in Kos and Rhodes that I'd happily change to. It's like holiday roulette! It'd be more stressful if we were travelling with children.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Same, I’ve picked some in Rhodes. They’re £500 more and they’ve only got twin rooms left so we’d end up having to get two rooms for the 4 of us. I’d change now, but I’d rather wait until we knew for certain we’d be able to get back without being quarantined. We’d fly sat and come back weds so we’d hopefully miss the Saturday additions to the list.
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Similar to what I’ll be doing. I have my eye on Cyprus, but then it’s timing tests and all sorts. It’s starting to feel like an endurance test,lol. I won’t book till the very last minute though.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List