Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Neighbours Bins - First world problem

I fully know that this issue is somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things. Its up there with not taking out the used coffee pod from the machine or leaving a tiny bit of juice in the coke bottle so you don't have to put it away.

Our bins are collected weekly. Black bin one week, blue bin the next. Due to our houses being set back from the road our bins and the neighbours all end up at the same place for collection. No problem.

However after the lorry has been and come and gone there is one neighbour who will leave their empty bin in the pavement for the next three days. Everyone else collects theirs the next time they pass but not this neighbour. It just sits there week in and week out. There are five of them in the house, their children are all over 18. They have to pass the bin everytime they go to their car but they just leave it there making the place look untidy.

Its every week. There is never a week they actually put it back quickly. Its there now. I can see it from my window. I am allowing it to get into my mind. I shouldn't care but I do. There is a bit of me who want to sneek out late at night and hide the thing.

I would speak to them about it but I know deep down its my issue and not theirs.

Vent over.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

In our street, if a bin is left out, we just bring it into their driveway for them. Takes no time. Basically helping each other out.
If you were to do this, maybe they would get the message? Other than that, maybe speak with them?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

If it makes you feel any better, one of my pet hates is people putting the rubbish out the morning before it's due (so, where we live, rubbish starts going out Sunday morning, for Monday collection). Just looks messy. Luckily, in our immediate area everyone waits until the evening before putting it out
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
In our street, if a bin is left out, we just bring it into their driveway for them. Takes no time. Basically helping each other out.
If you were to do this, maybe they would get the message? Other than that, maybe speak with them?
Unable to do that. Their bin due to the nature of the housing is kept at the back of the house which only accessible by going through the house. Basically we have a "green" in front of our houses and we surround it it on three sides, the fourth side being a pavement with the road. There is a paved bit in front of all the houses where you walk to the road. The houses at their bit are terraced and they are not an end terrace so don't have easy access to the rear of the house. The do have access but its over a field and down a path which has been created by people walking on it for years.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We had that with the person opposite and it did get on my nerves. For months I used to put it at their back gate but they never reciprocated when we were out, just left it until I moved it. In the end I used to take it up their drive and leave it in front of their front door, or just off the pavement and in the middle of the access for their car. Only took a couple of weeks and they changed their habit.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

I feel your pain. If I turn my head and look to the left I can see next doors bin (just) Bin out since Wednesday morning. 😂😂😂

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Unable to do that. Their bin due to the nature of the housing is kept at the back of the house which only accessible by going through the house.
Then I guess you need to speak to them or put up with the problem. I cant see any other options.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would nick the bin, keep it hostage, send a note saying if you want it back then promise to look after it fully or the bin moves on to new owners.
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ahh, the unattended bin.

Easy answer, treat it like a skip. Fill it with rubble. Job done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Then I guess you need to speak to them or put up with the problem. I cant see any other options.
I decided on the third option of venting on the dibb. Then I can gain the perspective again of just how petty I am about it and forget about it again for a while.