Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Sep 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was always petrified of ToT until I learnt it was a pull mechanism not a drop as such... made me feel much safer and I always have loads of anxiety before I get on it but I think it’s the idea of the story behind it rather than the ride
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I did and hated it, would I i do it again NO!
They got me on the mummy and told me there was no drops little B#ggers!

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I don't like heights and drops. My DD got me to go on. I did it,hated it and will never go on again.I have learned to do the mountains but to me TOT was horrible. And I was so nervous, I missed the story.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I did and hated it, would I i do it again NO!
They got me on the mummy and told me there was no drops little B#ggers!
I love The Mummy! Now, to me, that’s not got drops because you’re on a track but I think it must be more psychological as I’m sure the physical sensations are much the same 🤷🏼
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I don't like heights and drops. My DD got me to go on. I did it,hated it and will never go on again.I have learned to do the mountains but to me TOT was horrible. And I was so nervous, I missed the story.
That’s what I’m worried about. Is it worth it because I want to see all the cool special effects and will I not then enjoy them anyway because I’m too worried about the drops? 🤷🏼
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Go to Busch Gardens and force yourself to ride 'Falcon's Fury'- you will then be laughing as you go on Tower of Terror. It's the bit where it tips forward at the top, and you are entirely relying on the restraint, that got me, and I have no fear of any rides usually
O.M.G that’s a big nope from me!
Old 14 Sep 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
In reality, the car you sit in on the ride doesn't "drop" from the top down. It is lowered down from under you at speed! No, really! Mind over matter and go for it. When you've done it once you'll be wanting to get straight back on and ride again.
Yes but it's pulled down quicker than inertia, so if you jumped off it would beat you down😉
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I was very nervous the first time I went on. Just a bit of fear of the unknown as I quite like coasters and rides. But I have to say I think it’s my favourite ride. It’s brilliant and totally worth the nerves getting on it IMO.
We have persuaded my sil to go on it when we go in a few weeks. She is nervous bit she is giving it a go.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

I did it at DLP, and never again! I could barely talk for half hour afterwards (and that's not like me!,), and felt the need to be v close to my kids as I was so fearful even when off the ride. However I am not one for big coasters either. The story was fine, just the drops and the lack of control. I would say if you're main worry is fear of heights that probably wouldn't be an issue as its inside. DH and 9yr old DS couldn't understand my reaction at all as they loved it!
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Little Green
Trading Disney Pins

ToT is fantastic. I was utterly terrified the first time but so glad I made myself do it. The best bit for me is seeing any loose items (lanyard, bottle strap etc) rise up before your eyes a little as you drop (are pulled down).

Screaming is the best way to go, and don’t close your eyes!
Little Green is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List