Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
Not expecting them to go into any detail just an answer machine message to say it won’t be running! They’ve given an update this afternoon to say they are investigating. I’m sure it will take a while to reopen but as others have said safety first! Could have been a lot worse than it was.
They said online, on their website and on the news media, that it would be closed for the foreseeable future whilst they investigate. It states on the app that the Skyliner is temporarily unavailable.

I suppose they could have left the same message on people's answering machines. However, personally I wouldn't say they were awful for not leaving a message on your phone because one of their modes of transport is currently down.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Walked out my room 5 minutes ago and it’s running again doesn’t look as if there are any passengers on it so probably starting testing again.
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I would SOOO have loved a ride on those fire department cherry pickers (I'd have been up for a zipline rescue as well)
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer29
A Guest at All-Stars

There's been some pictures circulating of people zipling from the gondolas. These pictures are from a behind the scenes evacuation test a few months ago.

I can't post a link as I'm on a new account, but it's on blog Mickey from July 15 2019.

I'm not saying there wasn't any ziplining, but the pictures being used aren't necessarily from that night
Disneydreamer29 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydreamer29 View Post
There's been some pictures circulating of people zipling from the gondolas. These pictures are from a behind the scenes evacuation test a few months ago.

I can't post a link as I'm on a new account, but it's on blog Mickey from July 15 2019.

I'm not saying there wasn't any ziplining, but the pictures being used aren't necessarily from that night
There are no reports of anyone having to zipline off thankfully! Some people were evacuated by a cherry picker, with most being left in the gondolas until it was able to start moving again.

There is one report (Orlando Sentinel) of a person who was taken by ambulance to the hospital and released a couple of days later.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
There is one report (Orlando Sentinel) of a person who was taken by ambulance to the hospital and released a couple of days later.
It wouldn't be surprised if that was the one that caused the delay in starting the line back up..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer29
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
There are no reports of anyone having to zipline off thankfully! Some people were evacuated by a cherry picker, with most being left in the gondolas until it was able to start moving again.

Sorry, it's not on here, but on twitter - wasn't very clear. People are using July's pictures to say there's been ziplining escapes.
Disneydreamer29 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
It wouldn't be surprised if that was the one that caused the delay in starting the line back up..
Yes, quite possibly.

Reedy Creek clarified saying they evacuated 1 Gondola, a total of 6 people by a cherry picker.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydreamer29 View Post
Sorry, it's not on here, but on twitter - wasn't very clear. People are using July's pictures to say there's been ziplining escapes.
No problem, please don't feel the need to apologise

I'd guarantee I'd be taking the zipline over 3 hours in a gondola with a bag for the toilet
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
I would SOOO have loved a ride on those fire department cherry pickers (I'd have been up for a zipline rescue as well)
Would you have liked to have been stuck up there for 3 hours beforehand though?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List