Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sodick96
I want to go now!

I’m currently at DLP busy!

Hi all, I am currently at DLP staying at Newport bay hotel. Unfortunately this week it has become very busy. The ride queues now vary between 30 to 45mins. It’s ok generally during magic hours. I must stress though that if you are worried about social distancing do not come here the french do not understand social distancing. I do welcome the fact that all the brits so far have been great. We ate yesterday at Rémy, this was horrendous and my steak was awful, I complained and got attitude from one of the managers so I refused to pay for the whole meal and they agreed surprisingly. My kids have loved it though which Is the reason we came. It is such a shame as the parks are so well kept and are beautiful definitely on par with Florida, however this is spoilt by french people. Sorry if this offends anyone but I have to speak my mind.

Edited at 04:36 PM.
Sodick96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

What a shame, we have eaten at Remy many times and it has always been excellent, superb steaks.

If you are worried about people not distancing, do talk to a CM. On the videos I have seen, they have been enforcing it very well.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sodick96
I want to go now!

Disney cm have been enforcing it you are correct but now there are too many guests so it is impossible to social distance, every ride we have been on today we have had to remind the people behind us about the 1m rule and sometimes that they have to wear masks. Staff numbers are still down so it makes it hard for the cm’s. It’s such a shame cus as I say the parks are so beautiful.
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Totally agree with Sodick 96,we did morning hours and left by 11.30. It's got a lot busier since yesterday and their queuing system is now farcical. The queues to ride Ratatouille included all the outside lines and then stretched up to the Buzz statue it didn't help that they put a magic shot photo op on the other side and created a massive bottle neck. As for the cast members reminding people about masks, it only seems to be at the park entrance and at the rides, there seems to be less "spare" staff around and haven't noticed the enhanced cleaning that there was on Sun and Mon.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Eek. Hope they get a handle on things again soon. I think schools in the area have broken up now, hence the crowds.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Oh no, we are due to travel on Saturday Not sure I want to go now.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I think now they have three of the on-site hotels open it was inevitable that the parks capacity would be increased alongside this. It's such a shame as for the first few weeks of the reopening DLP seemed to be absolutely nailing the social distancing.

It's definitely making me think that my November trip is unlikely to come to fruition. As much as I'm craving a Disney fix I don't think things will be much better by then.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We are holding out hope for November. Did our park reservations this morning, they have just opened.
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sodick96
I want to go now!

Hi all just a quick update today was even busier and we decided to leave, we are now on our way home 1 night early. We have managed to go on everything twice in the 3 days we have been here. Today was strange there were massive queues at the shops with people returning lots of goods very strange. For me personally it does not feel safe anymore. I wish it was different but it isn’t. Especially as I am not really bothered by the whole COVID thing usually
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Such a shame to read it has got so much busier. We went last minute on Thursday to Sunday and it was busier at the weekend but it doesn't sound like it was like your experience

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List