Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Feb 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Podge
Earning More Ears

Calabay Parc at Tower lake

Hi all currently in the process of looking to book a villa for August 2023 and I have came across this 1 on VR360 homes vr360homes/north-ame...ake/p4923.html
Has anybody stayed here or on this gated community that can give me any pointers good or bad. I've had a quote for my stay which I'm pretty happy with but as its my 1st time booking a villa I want to make sure I have got all bases covered
Thanks
Podge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Tower lake is right across the street from us it’s a big estate mixed vacation and residential
The guard is on duty 24 hours
Walmart Winne Dixie Aldi all five mins away Publix slightly further but you pass it on the way to the I4
Several restaurants very close Mannys Sonny’s pit BBQ Doras as well as loads of take out places and Culvers right at the bottom of Bates Road the road we are on
Posner Park is a few minutes away and is expanding all the time sorry not actually sure how much has opened in the last year but it’s a few more including restaurants and more on the way
We tend to eat in Winter Haven if we eat out as the restaurants aren’t as busy
The area is very quiet and the 17/92 is at the opposite end of Bates road which we use a lot
Happy to answer any thing
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Podge
Earning More Ears

How far away are the Disney parks?
Podge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The Disney parks around 20/25 mins away depending on traffic and time of day
Depending on time of day and traffic alerts depends on which way we go to be honest
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Podge
Earning More Ears

Thanks for your help
Old 21 Feb 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Your welcome
It really is a fantastic area to stay
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve had a nosey at=the house if the pictures are ok it’s had some major updates
As had the area
Just one thing the School bus stop is by the gate for CAP and us in the morning and our side for drop off and there is a guard so don’t try and nip out till the guard lets you
Lowes the DIY store at the bottom of the street is amazing as is Big Lots Dollar tree
Dollar General Market and all the other stores near by and I can’t recommend Dora’s enough the chicken or shrimp Alfredo is to die for take out or eat in Dora’s has a bring your own corkage charge if eating in
Old 22 Feb 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Podge
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I’ve had a nosey at=the house if the pictures are ok it’s had some major updates
As had the area
Just one thing the School bus stop is by the gate for CAP and us in the morning and our side for drop off and there is a guard so don’t try and nip out till the guard lets you
Lowes the DIY store at the bottom of the street is amazing as is Big Lots Dollar tree
Dollar General Market and all the other stores near by and I can’t recommend Dora’s enough the chicken or shrimp Alfredo is to die for take out or eat in Dora’s has a bring your own corkage charge if eating in
I will have a hire car so don't think there will be any need for buses. My only concern i have is that the price quoted just seems too good to be true. By the sounds of things the area seems to be perfect regarding shops and restuarants.
Also doesn't seem to be too far away from the parks either.
Just realised that your villa is already on my shortlist, just haven't got round to messaging you yet so expect an enquiry

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We stayed there the time before last, and we found it too far away from the parks. By the end we were fed up driving the 25-30 mins to WDW and further to Sea World / Universal.
Last time we stayed at Sunset Lakes, and it was so much better. 10-15 mins and we were in WDW. Also really close to the 192 and Margaritaville for shops and restaurants. We've booked it again for next year
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree with Grant.
My sister stayed here a few years ago (we were there at the same time). I'm afraid it was well out of the way - at best it was 30 minute drive to Disney (regularly a fair bit more) and much further to Sea World, Universal etc. They also had a bit of a trek to shops, restaurants etc. It may not sound like much but its at least an hour spent in the car each time which could be spent in the parks or having fun somewhere. They had a beautiful villa but sadly it was too far out
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List