Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Not just the money, i was thinking more of not being able to go just a few days before the holiday...
The days preceding the flight, family and I will be living like hermits... Where people are, I will be not.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Not just the money, i was thinking more of not being able to go just a few days before the holiday...
Yeah fair point. It would be devastating but hopefully when we reach the point of international travel infection rates are so low that this becomes a very unlikely scenario.

Don't fancy being the Dad that has to tell the kids we're not going to Florida a few days out. here's hoping things improve vastly.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
The days preceding the flight, family and I will be living like hermits... Where people are, I will be not.
Me too. I've already laid the foundations with family. If we can go, we'll be isolating beforehand. Not taking any chances after waiting so long!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Is it confirmed a test would be needed?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Testing before the holiday makes me nervous. Imagine if someone in your party has it. That's it, holiday cancelled.
Me too. 😥
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Is it confirmed a test would be needed?
I don’t think anything has been confirmed at this stage. Wouldn’t surprise me if everyone needs to do a test- vaccinated or not.

Then again, I managed a week away to Spain last summer with no test.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I don’t think anything has been confirmed at this stage. Wouldn’t surprise me if everyone needs to do a test- vaccinated or not.

Then again, I managed a week away to Spain last summer with no test.
Hmm hopefully not but I guess by July/August the cases should be really low so it would be unlikely you'd have it.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Fully expecting everything to be much more relaxed by August, but there is always that chance... anyway, that's enough negativity!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Fully expecting everything to be much more relaxed by August, but there is always that chance... anyway, that's enough negativity!
Agree. I cant see tests being the viable option to travel by this point. I am only talking about UK & US, but both Nations are vaccinating the adults whom will have it, for herd immunity. Dr Fauci was only talking about it a couple of days ago with very positive comments leading up to their big day - July 4th.

My predictions are: Adults are to have both vaccines which will be linked via app or nhs. Then kids under the age of 16, whom cannot be vaccinated yet (in either countries) due to lack of trials, will be exempt due to the 'herd immunity' response.

Be interesting to see! But yeh, lets keep positive dibbers xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Imagine how low the cases are going to be by August! We've got months of numbers reducing by then...
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List