Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
Good luck with that IMO. Even if the UK is on track with vaccines, there’s no guarantee the US will be.

I doubt there’s going to be much international travel until the of the year. While I’d love to get back to the US, I’d not want to go abroad this year. Vaccines aren’t 100%, and it’s hard enough controlling a virus and stop it spreading in the UK let alone another country.

Looking at recent figures it’s on the increase in a lot of areas already too.

If I was to do anything, the only thing I’d be doing is making a low deposit for a 2022. But then Disney requires park reservations, which requires park tickets, which I’d not want to purchase at this stage.
Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
Do you really believe it will all be fine in four months time.
I’m sure I’ve heard this week that the US have said they aim to have their adult population vaccinated by May.

The whole point of vaccination is to reduce transmission and serious illness and death- not necessarily eradicate the virus completely. If the vaccine works well enough to reduce serious illness then that should be enough. Otherwise, we might as well all just give up on our dreams of travel now because it’s never going away.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

100 million vaccines in 58 days in the US... They're on a roll.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

No one should give up their hopes, or their travel plans if they wish to go. I was just offering my comments to the original poster.
I hope for those that are booked they go ahead, I’m just not convinced they will. Another hope, and it’s that I hope I’m wrong. 😀
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
100 million vaccines in 58 days in the US... They're on a roll.
Yes 😀

Going at 2.5 million a day. Great progress, let’s be positive.

Jonathan

---
46 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I’m sure I’ve heard this week that the US have said they aim to have their adult population vaccinated by May.

The whole point of vaccination is to reduce transmission and serious illness and death- not necessarily eradicate the virus completely. If the vaccine works well enough to reduce serious illness then that should be enough. Otherwise, we might as well all just give up on our dreams of travel now because it’s never going away.
Not quite true, they will open up to everyone from 1st May and they will have enough vaccines for everyone who wants one but it will take months to administer those. Independence Day is when they hope to hit herd immunity to the virus can’t spread easily to those not vaccinated.

Still confident of going in august! More confident of the states than I am about going to mainland Europe.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Still confident of going in august! More confident of the states than I am about going to mainland Europe.
I’ve no vested interest in either but I would agree. Saying that I had the opposite opinion a month ago. It just goes to show how things move at pace and how opinions and outlooks can easily change.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Well, whenever we get to go i'm more confident of UK-USA being greenlit first. Not interested in the EU anyway at the moment - I want my first post-covid trip to be Florida and I will wait as long as it takes.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

With all of the shenanigans of the past three months, I have no great wish to visit Europe again whilst it is under the current regime and that is despite having lived in Germany and Cyprus for many years, having been born in Malta and having visited practically all of the old Western Europe either on vacation or exercise.

I would sooner invest my holiday spends in Nations with friendly or at least benign leadership and will wait until the travel options that I actually want come back on line. I will not be investing a cent into the European economy more than I have to.

I will miss Italy, Cyprus and Germany.
France and Belgium are places that I have only ever driven through to get elsewhere and where I have never wished to stop, other than for fuel..

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:55 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Well, whenever we get to go i'm more confident of UK-USA being greenlit first. Not interested in the EU anyway at the moment - I want my first post-covid trip to be Florida and I will wait as long as it takes.
A lot of people cancelled the US though and booked Europe.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
A lot of people cancelled the US though and booked Europe.
If it’s for the summer, then I believe that they have jumped the wrong way. At the moment, the USA in my opinion looks a more likely bet than Europe. Whilst some of the vassal states may wish to open up, they will have to get the U.K. to lift restrictions. With no coherent vaccination strategy in place, I think that unlikely.

The USA is vaccinating rather heavily right now whilst Europe is whining, blaming each other (and others) whilst achieving rather little. That is why I voted to leave in the first place. They cannot organise a drinks session in a Brewery because they are so cumbersome in operation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List