Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

I hope we will cruise again but not until it’s clear they are Covid safe.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Never done one so far although have come close. Covid wouldn't be a factor.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We cant wait to get back to cruising. The UK only offerings at the moment dont appeal but cant wait to get going again. With luck I'll be on a Christmas markets cruise with my mum in December and eying up a Christmas and new year cruise also.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We were going to go on our second cruise (first in 2019 doing cruise/stay)
last year.

Due to Covid we transferred to a land holiday this summer, which in turn we have transferred again to next summer as we feel it will be a safer option as things stand.

We are still hoping, if we are ok health wise to go on another cruise in 2023. We have caught the cruise bug & we still have that itch it was so good.

Hopefully we will be able to enjoy going abroad in safety again.
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Yes, would love to! Am still mourning the loss of my job at Fred Olsen, especially now they have two amazing new ships, I am hoping to take my mum on one of the new ones (Bolette) next April, to Holland to visit Keukenhof Gardens.

FloridaTilly, if there are five of you, Celebrity cruises has amazing huge family cabins that sleep five and have a separate bedroom for parents, we used to book these when we took our sons friend with us. Price was standard pricing not suite prices, but cabin was suite sized. (Just without perks)

Husband and I are hoping he is well enough next year so that we can do an Alaska cruise for our 25th anniversary and there is a great thread about Vancouver land options so I have been making lots of notes of places to go. Its on the bucket list!

I always said ‘cruising is for life not just for Christmas’

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Never done a large ship cruise, I will do one day.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Reading this thread I think we're in the minority. We've been cruising since the 80s, it's our holiday of choice. We've been lucky enough to sail in and out of some wonderful places, world wide, but I can't see us cruising again until the whole wonderful experience returns to normal.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Reading this thread I think we're in the minority. We've been cruising since the 80s, it's our holiday of choice. We've been lucky enough to sail in and out of some wonderful places, world wide, but I can't see us cruising again until the whole wonderful experience returns to normal.
Having had no cruising experience before, I guess I'm in a decent boat (excuse the pun) for this August's potential (though I'm resigned to "unlikely") sailing, having nothing to judge against - there are talks of reduced capacity, and it's only the three day (Nassau, Castaway Cay) trip.

I hope it goes ahead, and if it sails, like I said, we're on it. If it doesn't (but we're still allowed to fly to the US), we'll look to extend our Disney hotel by three nights.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Having had no cruising experience before, I guess I'm in a decent boat (excuse the pun) for this August's potential (though I'm resigned to "unlikely") sailing, having nothing to judge against - there are talks of reduced capacity, and it's only the three day (Nassau, Castaway Cay) trip.

I hope it goes ahead, and if it sails, like I said, we're on it. If it doesn't (but we're still allowed to fly to the US), we'll look to extend our Disney hotel by three nights.
Knowing Disney, I'm sure they will make the experience as near faultless as is possible. I really hope you get to sail. One word of warning, if you think Disney is addictive, wait till you try a cruise! I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Yes, would love to! Am still mourning the loss of my job at Fred Olsen, especially now they have two amazing new ships, I am hoping to take my mum on one of the new ones (Bolette) next April, to Holland to visit Keukenhof Gardens.

FloridaTilly, if there are five of you, Celebrity cruises has amazing huge family cabins that sleep five and have a separate bedroom for parents, we used to book these when we took our sons friend with us. Price was standard pricing not suite prices, but cabin was suite sized. (Just without perks)

Husband and I are hoping he is well enough next year so that we can do an Alaska cruise for our 25th anniversary and there is a great thread about Vancouver land options so I have been making lots of notes of places to go. Its on the bucket list!

I always said ‘cruising is for life not just for Christmas’
Fred Olsen made two very canny purchases with the Borealis and the Bolette. We sailed on the Bolette when it was Holland America’s ‘Amsterdam’ in 2014 for a two week cruise to Alaska. It’s a beautiful ship, just the right size for us and a great layout. We don’t particularly mind larger ships but there was something about the Amsterdam that meant it was big enough to have plenty of public areas and attractions but small enough to be cozy and intimate.
I hope your husband is well enough for an Alaska cruise - it is stunningly beautiful- have a look for a genuine two week itinerary rather than a two 7 day b2b. The two week cruise gets to more out of the way places that other cruises don’t often get to. Good luck.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List