Notices

Old 23 Mar 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=mick;14892238]
I'm called a VIP Dibber - not sure that I'd give myself that title.

Mick

Mick, maybe you wouldn't but I suspect the people you've helped out would certainly award you that title.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Edited at 05:16 PM. Reason: Quote from Mick has got messed up.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yep.

Been trying to contact him and no joy.
I will miss his honesty and forthright views in the event that he is gone for good... and the fun threads.

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
If upsetting people was a reason to disappear from the DIBB, I suspect the membership list would be a lot smaller, certainly with me missing. I'm sad if they've gone. Their quizzes, puzzles and light humor was a big factor for me over the year just past.
Well I think it was a bit more than that but donít know the details so Iím going to keep 🤐 now!
Old 23 Mar 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
If upsetting people was a reason to disappear from the DIBB, I suspect the membership list would be a lot smaller, certainly with me missing. I'm sad if they've gone. Their quizzes, puzzles and light humor was a big factor for me over the year just past.
I think there's upsetting people and UPSETTING people.

I might have upset a few people on here since April 2004 because I don't tolerate keyboard warriors, condescension or being told that I shouldn't use words of Scandinavian origin. Never posted anything on here that I wouldn't say to people's faces.

Mick
Old 23 Mar 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
[QUOTE=JohnD;14892250]
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'm called a VIP Dibber - not sure that I'd give myself that title.

Mick

Mick, maybe you wouldn't but I suspect the people you've helped out would certainly award you that title.
Appreciate that John and I really only try to stick to driving and car hire stuff. Never spent a single night in a WDW hotel nor visited a park since 2010 so certainly not qualified to talk about such stuff.

Pop in and out of ESTA and passport questions but don't see the Current Issues forum by choice - like to keep my 75 year old BP under control.

Mick
Old 23 Mar 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

If history teaches us anything... he'll be back and raring to go with a brand new name soon.

In any case I wish him well and thank him for the quizzes and light entertainment threads he's posted this year.

Take care.
Old 26 Mar 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I think there's upsetting people and UPSETTING people.

I might have upset a few people on here since April 2004 because I don't tolerate keyboard warriors, condescension or being told that I shouldn't use words of Scandinavian origin. Never posted anything on here that I wouldn't say to people's faces.

Mick
Just given in - words of Scandinavian origin?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Just given in - words of Scandinavian origin?
Sue

It was closed about 2 weeks ago. Word that was alleged to be offensive because it had three successive letters in it that caused offense to some people - the ones who search the media and news every day to find something to be offended by. The word itself is of Scandinavian origin.

But some people never take a day off. I'll send you a quick PM
Old 27 Mar 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 9
Iíve no idea whatís going on here but have enjoyed all the fun posts over the past year so will miss them
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List