Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Mar 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by doodles View Post
We have tickets from the cancelled Easter 2020 trip. Hoping to go in August and use them then. But we may also go Easter 2022.
How much extra (roughly - from previous experience?) would it be to upgrade to an annual pass or should we just buy new 14 day tickets for next year?
I got a Platinum upgrade from a 14 day ticket in December 2019 (the halcyon days) for. $350. That was to DVC price.

I’m currently hanging on. Problem is if I buy that 14 day ticket and decide I’m going twice in a year, say if my California trip is off, then I’ll wish I had a pass and I’ve a sneaky feeling it may not be possible to upgrade 14 day tickets.

Edited at 08:06 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I got a Platinum upgrade from a 14 day ticket in December 2019 (the halcyon days) for. $350. That was to DVC price.

I’m currently hanging on. Problem is if I buy that 14 day ticket and decide I’m going twice in a year, say if my California trip is off, then I’ll wish I had a pass and I’ve a sneaky feeling it may not be possible to upgrade 14 day tickets.
You think they are going to stop the upgrade of tickets to AP? I hope not.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I'm going in August, not booking a thing other than my DVC accommodation until I see those Virgin flights start to take off
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
You think they are going to stop the upgrade of tickets to AP? I hope not.
If they bring back passes properly, they will probably bring that back. But at the moment I doubt they’d do it.

The long term intention is not clear re passes. It is a different market in California but there they’ve openly said they don’t want the old style passholder any more and they are after bigger spenders.
Old 21 Mar 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going to hold off buying any park tickets until nearer our travel date which is now March 2022
I have the refunds of flights and park tickets sitting in a separate account , obviously two years later than planned I appreciate that there will need to be a top up
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DVC Ticket update: The extra 2 days do not add any length to the valid to/from so you are still restricted to over 7 continuous days basically instead of 4 over 7 it's 6 over 7...not ideal tbh & probably a non-starter for us
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Last year AP's were removed for UK passholders as in you couldn't buy them, then you could, now you can't. I'm going to have a look later via VPN to see if you can purchase "in the US" and how much they are. The prices for November for a UK pass are more expensive than April
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Last year AP's were removed for UK passholders as in you couldn't buy them, then you could, now you can't. I'm going to have a look later via VPN to see if you can purchase "in the US" and how much they are. The prices for November for a UK pass are more expensive than April
You can’t buy APs anywhere unless you have one already or cancelled one in the cancellation window (or they allowed you to cancel later like they did with me).
The one exception is that if you fit into the above category and had a child under 3 who has now passed 3, they will allow you to buy a new pass for them.
So VPN will not help I’m afraid.
Old 31 Mar 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Fudgesickles - I'd looked on some forums which said that US were able to buy. Never got around to checking, been too busy today.
Old 4 Apr 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Update - Disney called and I now have 2 gold dvc passes. They don't expire so have till whenever to redeem them. I can now make park reservations for October!