Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Old fart benefit no. 22 of 53 (approx)...

...Just booked both vaccine appointments, and the second pre-dates our hols, yay...

Heads-up for folks who may not have seen, aged 45 and over can now book vaccine with NHS website.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Old fart benefit no. 22 of 53 (approx)...

...Just booked both vaccine appointments, and the second pre-dates our hols, yay...

Heads-up for folks who may not have seen, aged 45 and over can now book vaccine with NHS website.
Yeah, I was lucky to see that thread last night and booked up asap. Going in today! 2nd one booked for July 1st!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RossS
Excited about Disney

I'm a little concerned at the moment. I am 30, so unsure of when I will be getting my vaccine. Our holiday is booked 19th Aug, 50-50 at the moment whether we will be able to fly. I hope that I don't have my first jab and then they have booked my second whilst I am away in Orlando!
RossS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

I’m 29 and i’ve had my first one last week due to some pre-existing conditions and i was ILL the next day holy hell 😂

In no rush to get my second one if i get a repeat of those side effects 😂😂
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RossS View Post
I'm a little concerned at the moment. I am 30, so unsure of when I will be getting my vaccine. Our holiday is booked 19th Aug, 50-50 at the moment whether we will be able to fly. I hope that I don't have my first jab and then they have booked my second whilst I am away in Orlando!
It will not matter one jot if you have been vaccinated. The only pre requisite for entry to US will be a negative PCR or Lateral flow test.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GLJ2
Earning More Ears

Hopefully we won’t need to get tested to return to the UK full stop. However if we do I wonder if Virgin have considered incorporating testing facilities into the Disney Springs check in? We didn’t use it on our previous visit so no idea what the logistics would be
GLJ2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
It will not matter one jot if you have been vaccinated. The only pre requisite for entry to US will be a negative PCR or Lateral flow test.
Spot on. They won't be fussed whether you're likely to get ill or not. Just whether you have it. Not going to stress about that too. I'm bottom of the pile.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
That's not what they're saying and think you missed their point in that they hope they're not away when their second (or possibly first) jab is to be given.

Ross (can't remember the rest of the name), i would think there'll be others who can't go at the specified date they've been given for various different reasons ie shifts, illness, holidays etc etc and i'm sure a simple phone call would sort a new date if it did happen

Only thing i would be cautious of is how close you could potentially have it before travelling as some people have been fairly rough after it.
Me and the wife had ours the same time, she was really ill and couldn't move her arm much after for 2 days wheras i was fine and still fully training on the wattbike then treadmill about 2 hours after it.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Hmm, we’re due to be finishing a Disney cruise on Friday morning then transferring to MCO to fly back in the evening. Will be interesting to see how we can get a PCR to return!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GLJ2 View Post
Hopefully we won’t need to get tested to return to the UK full stop. However if we do I wonder if Virgin have considered incorporating testing facilities into the Disney Springs check in? We didn’t use it on our previous visit so no idea what the logistics would be

That would be such a good idea wouldnt it? Swing by disney springs a night or so before you leave and get your test if PCR or just do lateral flow whilst dropping off luggage! 😍
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List