Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Looks like we won't be on it if all the sailings from Southampton are in August!
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
I’m very disappointed. It’s been a year of cancellations and this was something to look forward to. I was planning on going from Newcastle, sorted out leave yesterday and today it’s all change I would have expected better from Disney.
Same with me too, I am disappointed and gutted. Why they announcement at first place The dates that It was so prefect for us plus we booked dogsitting and now as my work full booked in July.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I’d set my heart on a Newcastle departure. Quite disappointed.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I hope this has nothing to do with the doom and gloom again in the news today about variants and vaccines not being behind the reduction in cases 😳 I was hoping to do the first June one 😭
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m so disappointed that Disney have made such a mess of this.

Given how popular the other cruise companies announcements have been they should have known what a big deal their announcement was going to be.

We’d hoped to book Tilbury for 11th June. We can get to Southampton but hope to be in Florida in august. I’m not pulling the plug on that so can’t book the cruises in august.
I’ve mentioned earlier but I’m thinking about booking one of these in august. We’ll have similar dates when the payment is due, so if we book this in April, but hit June when payments are due and can go to America, we’ll cancel this, if we can’t go to America when we need to make payment in June we’ll keep this one. Not at all confusing, eh?!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
I hope this has nothing to do with the doom and gloom again in the news today about variants and vaccines not being behind the reduction in cases 😳 I was hoping to do the first June one 😭
I’m guessing here, but getting everything ready for a cruise is a lot of work, they need to get staff back and quarantine; staff training updates, entertainers may need to retrain in the shows and dances; stocking food and supplies (for that reason I was surprised they didn’t just do everything from Dover). When the rules are still uncertain it’s probably they’ve left it as long as they could to try to bring it together but it’s just not happened in time
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Is anyone else completely losing interest in doing one of these cruises or is it just me?
Old 14 Apr 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I'd love to read a write up about Virgin if you're thinking of doing one? I know they've not had paying passengers yet, but there were some very mixed (and interesting) reviews from the press launch!
My plan is to (and to try and do one about Princess as well as we are doing that one too). I think I will be in the "this isn't for me" category but my parents (yes I know over 60s on a Virgin cruise what are they thinking) and sister thought it would be fun and the only time we will ever sail on her. It looks insane and I feel its not going to be our cup of tea but I think the prices will still be cheaper than Disney if I'm honest and we've all sailed Disney before so this will be a nice change.

Originally Posted by SomeDisneyMagic View Post
I'm wondering how financially viable it will be for Disney to run these cruises, cut the dates and capacity etc. Essentially it'll be us paying the premium - if we can get booked!
Practically every major cruiseline are doing these over the summer so cost wise its doable. I don't think any of them are overly cheap but I think they have all come out reasonably comparable to their pricing for Caribbean 4 night cruises from what I've seen. If this is the case for Disney then the pricing I think will be higher than the majority of people seem to think its going to be - seen people on lots of groups saying there's no way it can be over £1k for 2 adults for 4 days in multiple places but I feel that that would be cheap!

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
I’ve mentioned earlier but I’m thinking about booking one of these in august. We’ll have similar dates when the payment is due, so if we book this in April, but hit June when payments are due and can go to America, we’ll cancel this, if we can’t go to America when we need to make payment in June we’ll keep this one. Not at all confusing, eh?!
Paid in full dates will depend on what Disney decide to do. They may insist on PIF immediately like some lines are currently doing (Virgin Voyages for example) or may do deposit bookings (Princess for example). It will be interesting to see.

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Is anyone else completely losing interest in doing one of these cruises or is it just me?
And yes! All this back and forth has just made me very disheartened with the whole thing. Its like they decided last minute to throw their hat into the ring and panicked so much they released the wrong info. Maybe its a game to try and put people off booking?
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Still interested - the Liverpool dates suit us. Southampton is out for us as we're hoping to be in Florida when they sail...

Expecting them to be around £400 a night, any higher than that and I'm not bothering.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Still interested but not sure if DH can change his leave dates - will wait until dates confirmed.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List