Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Apr 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Morning all, well Ben is still at home and has come to the decision that he won’t go back until September. He is just starting his 4 week Easter break so isn’t due back until 10/5. He has just found out all his online exams are the week of the 17th then he is done for the year! His 2 other flat mates are also not going back until September so he doesn’t really want to be in a flat on his own. I also really hope his 3rd year will be a normal uni year, I feel so sorry for the uni students they seem to have been forgotten about completely yet still expected to pay full fees. Lovely to hear all the updates and how well the children have coped throughout.
I think quite a few will have decided to stay home and start afresh in September now. I know Georgia said that even though her labs are now in person again, attendance can be remote if the student prefers or if they aren’t returning to Bristol.

Fingers crossed for Ben and all our students to have a far better year next year 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Molly is still in Sheffield enjoying the reopening of the pubs and shops. She was supposed to come home this weekend for a few days but uni are putting on a face to face which needs to be completed. She’s coming home at the end of the month for a few days as it would have been her dad’s, my husband’s birthday so we are off out to raise a glass 🥃

She’s then back to Sheffield for more online lectures before back up to Newcastle for placement in May.
She has 4 weeks off in July where she will have to come home as her tenancy in Sheffield is up and she goes back to placement in Newcastle in August.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Slightly different here as Ry only has 3 weeks left of teaching and 2 more pieces of work to do and then he is done! Where on earth has the last 3 years gone?

I am gutted for him to be honest ... his final year was turned upside down with all practical elements cancelled so he has not had the chance to produce any filming. How on earth is he going to be able to secure a job with none of the experience promised?

He hasn't seen anybody face to face on his course all year and has only been able to collaborate online. So no hopes and dreams of joining together with fellow students to set up on their own ... hardly any jobs in the film industry currently being advertised ... no cinemas or theatres open for job opportunities or even work experience ... nothing.

I'm so sad for him.
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Beth went back to uni on 2nd January as she’s doing vet med. There have been some practicals but not as much as there should be. She had one day off over Easter as she has to do a certain amount of AMS and EMS so had a week at a stables snd is currently finishing off 2 weeks lambing.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Molly is still in Sheffield enjoying the reopening of the pubs and shops. She was supposed to come home this weekend for a few days but uni are putting on a face to face which needs to be completed. She’s coming home at the end of the month for a few days as it would have been her dad’s, my husband’s birthday so we are off out to raise a glass 🥃

She’s then back to Sheffield for more online lectures before back up to Newcastle for placement in May.
She has 4 weeks off in July where she will have to come home as her tenancy in Sheffield is up and she goes back to placement in Newcastle in August.
It’s really good to hear that Molly is managing to get her very practical, hands on course delivered mainly as it should be. Nice to hear she’s managing to fit a few pub and shopping trips in too 🤣 It’s good that she will be home to spend the date of your DH’s birthday together too 💞
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Slightly different here as Ry only has 3 weeks left of teaching and 2 more pieces of work to do and then he is done! Where on earth has the last 3 years gone?

I am gutted for him to be honest ... his final year was turned upside down with all practical elements cancelled so he has not had the chance to produce any filming. How on earth is he going to be able to secure a job with none of the experience promised?

He hasn't seen anybody face to face on his course all year and has only been able to collaborate online. So no hopes and dreams of joining together with fellow students to set up on their own ... hardly any jobs in the film industry currently being advertised ... no cinemas or theatres open for job opportunities or even work experience ... nothing.

I'm so sad for him.
I’m so sorry to hear that Ryan’s final year hasn’t been as it should. Even though it’s been hard for the first and second year students this year, I feel it’s harder for those in their final year as they are leaving on such a low note. Heartbreaking that they won’t even have their graduation ceremonies yet again too

I do hope work picks up in Ryan’s chosen sector and that he can start on a very interesting and successful career soon xx
Old 14 Apr 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Beth went back to uni on 2nd January as she’s doing vet med. There have been some practicals but not as much as there should be. She had one day off over Easter as she has to do a certain amount of AMS and EMS so had a week at a stables snd is currently finishing off 2 weeks lambing.
Good to hear Beth is getting some practical teaching, lambing must be such a rewarding but exhausting part of being a vet. It’s strange how some unis are managing to provide more practical teaching than others. I really don’t think the unis have been provided with enough guidance on what it permitted and what isn’t which means they’re struggling to know what they can do for the students too
Old 14 Apr 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely to have updates even if things are not as they should be.

O is back in HK. Restrictions have been lifted a lot recently (they have very few cases - today just 5 and most of them are imported!) so life is pretty good!

He is in the same room he was in last year with the same room mate. His group of friends are all back so they hang out together. During the week off at Easter he went to the other amusement park (they had a special offer!), swimming, the beach and hiking in the hills. Lots of meals out too. The lectures are still split between online and f2f. He is happy so that is all I can ask!

I don’t know if we will see him this summer. He has an internship in Cambridge over the summer and it will depend what state France is in as to whether he can come home first or where he will go directly there.

He is also lucky that he has another 2 years to go so hopefully will manage at least one normal year 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Lovely to have updates even if things are not as they should be.

O is back in HK. Restrictions have been lifted a lot recently (they have very few cases - today just 5 and most of them are imported!) so life is pretty good!

He is in the same room he was in last year with the same room mate. His group of friends are all back so they hang out together. During the week off at Easter he went to the other amusement park (they had a special offer!), swimming, the beach and hiking in the hills. Lots of meals out too. The lectures are still split between online and f2f. He is happy so that is all I can ask!

I don’t know if we will see him this summer. He has an internship in Cambridge over the summer and it will depend what state France is in as to whether he can come home first or where he will go directly there.

He is also lucky that he has another 2 years to go so hopefully will manage at least one normal year 🤣
That’s wonderful news that O is managing a close to normal lifestyle over in Hong Kong It’s good to hear of countries reopening their theme parks and freedom to travel within the country.

Fingers crossed for you being able to see O in the summer, either in France or here in England xx
Old 15 Apr 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I hope your DD enjoys the rest of her Easter break. Georgia worked at the start of the break to catch up on a few things but has also used to the time to relax a little too which has been good for her

Your DD’s grades are excellent and it’s good that they are going up each time. Georgia’s exams are similar to your DD’s, as they are well spread out over a 3 week period. It seems strange to think that they are nearly at the end of the year already especially considering how little they’ve actually been on campus this year 😔 I do hope that will improve for next year
Thanks. And, yes, it does seem strange talking about the end of their first year already. It doesn't seem that long ago that they started and they haven't actually been there very long, as you say.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List