Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

What do you hate that other people do ON THE PLANE?

Prompted by lots of replies on my, "What do you hate that other people do at the airport?" thread, what do you hate that other people do on the plane?

For me, it's incorrect armrest etiquette. If you have three seats, one window, one middle, one aisle, the following rules should apply. Window seat, one armrest, by the window. Aisle seat, one armrest, by the aisle. Middle seat, two armrests. It's simple, it's polite and it's never observed by the hulking great rugby players that always seem to be sat next to me on one side and DW on the other
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Reclining posts may be deleted.

In the good old days of sitting in seats 19A & C (the best in PE on a VS 747) being told that they'd run out of our dinner first choice. Who were those people in the rest of the PE cabin that only left us with hummus and quinoa (whatever that is) salad.

Good job we got sandwiches and pork pies at the landside M&S

Mick
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I had the very worst flight to LA a few years ago. Row of 3 kids behind caused absolute mayhem for 11 hours while their mother plugged herself into the IFE and ignored them. Cabin crew tried to intervene and failed. They were feral. Little girl kept reaching through the seats and pulling my dd’s hair. She normally has tons of patience with little ones as deals with them a lot in her weekend job but I thought she was going to launch her.
They were climbing over the tops of seats and shouting the cabin crew for food. After the millionth shout of ‘when are you going to bring my dinner?!’ one male cabin member replied ‘ I could tell you but I will have to kill you’ while giving me a cheeky wink.😂 He then wandered past again and dropped another G&T onto my tray table.😆
I know they are the exception to the rule and most kids are well behaved but it does make me cringe now when I see kids boarding and sitting behind me.

Edited at 09:58 AM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Farting as the air is recycled ahhh.
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Book a window seat and want out to the aisle every 20 mins to get something out of the overhead locker ,go to the toilet , go for a wander or just to stand in the aisle etc
Yes I know we shouldn’t sit there for the whole flight even once an hour is fine but being a Jack in the box is not
I don’t care where I sit if I did I’d book a seat
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Those who Have absolutely no spacial awareness when removing stuff from overhead lockers. Just grab and swing also those wearing backpacks who seem to think when they put them on because they can't see it anymore it's no longer actually their concern, they turn around knocking everyone else.

People who can see some are struggling .. elderly or parents with small children who dont offer help. I
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
He then wandered past again and dropped another G&T onto my tray table.😆
Love it!
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Leaving skids in the toilet especially when I travelled in cattle class (business class passengers are more refined).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Leaving skids in the toilet especially when I travelled in cattle class (business class passengers are more refined).
I’ve never left my kids in the toilets, no matter how annoying they can be.😆
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Gosh where to start?!
Kicking my seat, being drunk and annoying, not allowing people out politely when disembark begins, kicking my seat...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List