Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Minute silence interrupted

When my doorbell rung at 3pm I answered the door as I thought it would be important. It was actually someone canvassing for the For Britain First Party. I told him I was watching the funeral and he should not be canvassing. He tried to give me a leaflet and when I refused it asked what my problem was and walked off calling me a stupid woman three times!
Unfortunately for him this is all recorded on my door bell. I have decided I deserve an apology. I am now trying to get the contact details of the actual candidate.
You couldn't make it up could you?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How rude Sue, says lot about the party and I can’t see him getting many followers. There was a mins silence in Dunelm mill and my and dh walked downstairs talking and we got lots of dirty looks till we realised. I wouldn’t of answered the door personally, dh always opens it at the most inconvenient times. I hope you get your apology xx
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Appalling behaviour

My young neighbours were having a BBQ (indeed so was I) I noticed they stopped the music and laughter etc and were silent .

I would definitely report them
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

People on the till in front of me didn’t stop talking until my eyes burned through their heads.

We had 3 announcements about it, they chose to ignore. I would with you Sue and complaining. They may not have realised the time etc, but the “what’s your problem” would have been the bit that got my back up and I’m petty enough not to let that go.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue
While we absolutely respected the minutes silence and any political canvassing should have too
I like yo7 didn’t watch the funeral as I’ve always felt they should be for no matter who totally private affairs and if warranted a few minutes silence and reflection observed
When it’s my turn my wishes nobody stops I’m gone and I mean gone no scattering of ashes and if you didn’t send me flowers when I was alive sure as hell don’t send them
When I’m gone
Personally I feel no political campaigning should have been done today
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

How bloody rude and inconsiderate towards those observing the silence. Sue, I have no interest in the royal family but would've considered the choice of those who do and not rung your doorbell. I'm guessing he may have used these circumstances to canvass knowing many would be home watching the funeral service, my guess is you were not the first to pull him about respect.
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I would have thought campaigning should have been stopped today as well
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were upstairs in dunelm and the announcement was downstairs so we didn’t hear it but soon realised!
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
When my doorbell rung at 3pm I answered the door as I thought it would be important. It was actually someone canvassing for the For Britain First Party. I told him I was watching the funeral and he should not be canvassing. He tried to give me a leaflet and when I refused it asked what my problem was and walked off calling me a stupid woman three times!
Unfortunately for him this is all recorded on my door bell. I have decided I deserve an apology. I am now trying to get the contact details of the actual candidate.
You couldn't make it up could you?
Your right you do deserve an apology. I thought political canvassing should have stopped until after the funeral
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Most definitely should not have been canvassing but his behaviour thereafter was appalling. You tell them Sue
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List